“Comfortable and welcoming”

The Narrows Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 25 St. John's B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here during a business trip and found this B&B a great find. Reliable WiFi, home-made, hot breakfast with strong coffee.

The owner makes sure guests are well taken care of and she offers a view into the local culture, too. The excellent downtown location made getting around super easy, with restaurants and pubs a short walk away, the theatre just around the corner.

My room was suited to my needs, even though the layout was a bit odd with an awkward entrance area. Just depends where you end up I suppose. All in all, I'd be happy to come stay here again.

Room Tip: Main floor room 2 has an odd layout with the entrance area a bit tight, others seemed to feature mor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Inga P

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Staff was incredible, helpful and pleasant. Great location, close downtown. Rooms are well kept and cozy. Hot breakfast every morning only thing my dad would have liked was meat with his breakfast lol!
Would definitely return and recommend to others to stay

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank wheretonext365
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Thank you Ann and Brenda for being our tour guides. The establishment is lovely, room updated and very nice. We wished that we hadn't had to change rooms mid-visit, but it was ok. Breakfast couldn't have been better .. fish cakes ... yummy! Also, it was so nice to be able to walk to many of the sightseeing downtown fun spots. Hopefully, our paths will cross again.

Room Tip: You certainly have space to yourself on the top floor as you get the entire floor! A nice touch.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed for a week at the Narrows while traveling for my daughter's sport event. The best location you could ask for! Walking distance to everything downtown and on the cutest corner. The hosts Ann and Brenda were wonderfully gracious and hospitable! Great breakfast, very comfy bed and cute room with everything you would need. Would defintely recommend and would stay again. Thank you ladies! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am a bit late writing this review as my stay was in August but could not let the opportunity go by without saying that The Narrows Bed and Breakfast is truly a gem in St. John's. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome and at home. There was a little mix up with our reservation and Ann, the owner, was so accommodating and was able to find a solution that worked out perfectly. Ann and Brenda are true ambassadors for the city of St. John's. I have stayed at numerous Bed and Breakfasts and The Narrows has raised the bar for creating an atmosphere of welcome hospitality and friendship. Each morning was a treat as we were always welcomed with a smile, friendly conversation and given so much valuable information on what not to miss during our visit. The accommodations were very "comfy" and clean and it truly made you feel like you were at home. The location is excellent and so close to everything in downtown St. John's. The Narrows is a wonderful place to stay and Ann and Brenda go above and beyond to make you feel like you are a true friend and part of the family at the Narrows. We will be returning!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dreamtravels4us
Reviewed October 1, 2013

In fact, you may very well be called a "Treasure" by the lovely and very charming hosts Brenda & owner, Ann who make everyone instantly feel at home! The Narrows is centrally located and walking distance to any where you'd want to go in downtown St. John's and even Signal Hill. The rooms are lovely, clean and bright. My room #6 in 34 was super spacious, with hardwood floors and lots of windows looking out onto the harbour.
Breakfast is a real treat - not only do you get a wonderful home cooked breakfast, but you get to be entertained by Brenda & Ann and the other guests. I can guarantee you won't get as many laughs staying at a chain hotel, nor will you feel as welcomed to the beautiful city of St. John's! I'm already planning the next time I can get back to St. John's and of course, we'll be staying at the Narrows. Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at the Narrows B&B In St. John's for two nights in September 2013. I had two separate rooms because my stay was on a Thursday night and then on a Saturday night. Ann and Brenda were wonderful, funny and friendly hosts even driving me about to see some sights!

My rooms were clean, comfortable and attractively appointed. Breakfasts were hot and delicious. What more could you ask? It was so much nicer that the continental breakfast served-up at the $200+ room I had on the middle night of my stay.

The location (Prescott & Gower, just up from Water St.) is great for anyone wanting to be involved in the St. John's night life scene. The hospitality extended beyond checking out as my flight wasn't until 8 pm and I was welcome to stay on the premises.

Room Tip: Just as Ann for one of the bigger rooms. I was in room 3 (very nice) and room 2 (pretty good too) an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo