We stayed here for five nights in August. The room was very small, crowded and with a small window. The long time employee of the hotel working the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The other employee was friendly but had limited knowledge - did not even know the routes of the buses that stopped in front of the hotel. She also sent me to the MUN for botanical gardens that are not on the campus but some distance away from MUN. My biggest criticism is of the restaurant/pub. The food is mostly deep fried, fatty and unhealthy. For breakfast they serve either fried ham, bacon or baloney; eggs, toast and a huge mound of hash browns. The next morning I asked for yogurt, fruit, cottage cheese. They said they don't have those items on the menu. The following days I ordered only boiled eggs and toast. We went to a grocery store and bought fruit and yogurt to supplement a breakfast that can only be described as a heart attack on a plate. The entire Inn is in desperate need of a makeover.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We’ve been expecting you! The Guv'nor Inn celebrates rich English tradition with our Old-world inspired property in St. John's, NL. Stay with us and experience our distinctive character and our award-winning presentation. We proudly offer 37 guest rooms with a considerate array of abundant amenities - Wi Fi, Refrigerators, Microwaves, Iron/Ironing Boards, Hair Dryers, Personal Coffee, 32" flat screen TVs, Drive-Up accommodations, A/C, duvets, Luxury Suite with fireplace & Jacuzzi and on-site Guv'nor Pub and Eatery. Our Guv’nor Pub & Eatery provides an ideal setting for all occasions and a marvelous feast for every palate. Find your preferred pint on tap, enthusiastic service and a delightful English ambiance. The Guv'nor is known for its local fare such as moose burgers and cod tongues. Looking to put some ‘wow factor’ behind your next business or social gathering? Make your next booking at the Guv’nor Function Rooms. The stately ambiance of The Study and Drawing Room provides the perfect balance of comfort and etiquette. The Guv'nor is centrally situated near Memorial University of Newfoundland, the Health Science Centre, Arts and Culture Center, the Confederation Building and historic downtown St. John’s (a short $10 taxi fare). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Guv'nor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guv`Nor Inn & Pub Hotel St. John`s
- Guv`Nor Inn And Pub
- The Guv'Nor Inn Newfoundland, Canada