We travelled Newfoundland this summer and arrived on motorcycles on one of the wettest, windiest cold days of August. We originally booked for only 1 night, but when we arrived we immediately decided we were going to spend the rest of our trip to Newfoundland here.
The first room we had was a smoking room, but since it was the only room when I had made reservations from Heart's Content, I took it. The front desk staff were very accomodating and had a non-smoking room for us the next day for the duration of our stay.
The room was amazing with the old English style of decorating. The bed was superb. It was so soft, and reminded me of my aunt's feather bed in England.
Our first night we had dinner in the pub. My husband had bangers and mash and said it was the best he has ever had in his life. I had the cod au gratin it too was excellent. Francis was our waitress, and we can not say enough about her, she treated us like family and like she had known us forever. From there, we moved to the bar. Here we met Joe, the soon to be famous actor on the Republic of Doyle and 3 new friends (Paul, Peter, Alf). My husband and I looked forward to relaxing at night with our 4 new friends after a day of touring on our motorcycles.
My husband discovered that the pub had coffee in the morning and met Sherri. Sherri was very helpful in getting a taxi to do a city tour, when the company that we had hired to do the tour cancelled at the last minute. Sherri went above and beyond to help us make the city tour happen. Again we thank you Sherri.
The food from breakfast to dinner was excellent, to relaxing at the bar, we can not complain as we had 3 awesome days spent here. The staff were phenonmenal from the front desk, to the hospitality staff. Everyone went out of their way to make our first very wet trip to Newfoundland on motorcycles memorable. We can't wait to go back and see all of our new friends again. You people from Newfoundland are the best in Canada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We’ve been expecting you! The Guv'nor Inn celebrates rich English tradition with our Old-world inspired property in St. John's, NL. Stay with us and experience our distinctive character and our award-winning presentation. We proudly offer 37 guest rooms with a considerate array of abundant amenities - Wi Fi, Refrigerators, Microwaves, Iron/Ironing Boards, Hair Dryers, Personal Coffee, 32" flat screen TVs, Drive-Up accommodations, A/C, duvets, Luxury Suite with fireplace & Jacuzzi and on-site Guv'nor Pub and Eatery. Our Guv’nor Pub & Eatery provides an ideal setting for all occasions and a marvelous feast for every palate. Find your preferred pint on tap, enthusiastic service and a delightful English ambiance. The Guv'nor is known for its local fare such as moose burgers and cod tongues. Looking to put some ‘wow factor’ behind your next business or social gathering? Make your next booking at the Guv’nor Function Rooms. The stately ambiance of The Study and Drawing Room provides the perfect balance of comfort and etiquette. The Guv'nor is centrally situated near Memorial University of Newfoundland, the Health Science Centre, Arts and Culture Center, the Confederation Building and historic downtown St. John’s (a short $10 taxi fare). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Guv'nor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guv`Nor Inn And Pub
- Guv`Nor Inn & Pub Hotel St. John`s
- The Guv'Nor Inn Newfoundland, Canada