“Two visits”
Review of Legros and Motti - CLOSED

Legros and Motti
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Authentic European cuisine in the heart of St. John's Newfoundland. A spectacular dining experience!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stumbled on this place on our first night in St John's. Beautiful building. We had some fantastic drinks and some late night snacks that were pretty good. Would classify as great but it was so new, I think they have to get a few bugs out yet. We went back again because we were looking for a pleasant atmosphere and a glass of wine.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

There are not many places like this in St. John's. The atmosphere is nice, the wine list very good and the service was fine. Our table of 8 was well looked after and an overdone steak was promptly taken care of. An acceptable wait and very good food - this is a great place to eat at.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I went back to give this place a second try since my first experience wasn't all that great. It was pretty much the same. Terrible service, waited 20 minutes for a first drink, and never received the complimentary bread before our meal. The food was excellent however, same as last visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Wanted to love this place. The building and design/decor is phenomenal. Drinks are great. Food and service is where it went downhill. As a table of 8 we were seated fairly quickly and drink service was prompt. We did not get bread when we arrived, and didn't know we were supposed to until after the fact. It took about 40 minutes for our food to arrive. I ordered the French Cut Pork Chop with apple au jus. The first bite I think my mouth actually puckered it was so SALTY. I couldn't eat it. I sent it back and ordered some kind of pesto pasta dish. It arrived after the entire party was finished eating so I ended up just taking it home to eat afterwards. It took an additional 40 minutes for desert to arrive which we were all pleased with, but ANOTHER 40 minutes to get our bills! This was in the first few weeks of it's opening, but I have heard that it really hasn't changed much. I should also add that one of our party members actually worked there at the time and couldn't commend the service or food that we received on our visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had my first experience at Legros & Motti last evening for my birthday dinner with my family, it's beautiful atmosphere and delicious food really made the occasion special! Our waitress Paola was prompt, helpful and very knowledgable of the menu. The floor manager Chad was an absolute delight, he went out of his way to make my day extra celebratory with an extravagant 10 layer chocolate cake that put the entire experience over the top! As a side note the beignets were probably the most delicious dessert that I have ever had!

2  Thank Erin D