“A great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ONE11 Chophouse - CLOSED

ONE11 Chophouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlottetown, Canada
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a business dinner, here on Wednesday May 28, 2014. This is as good a local steakhouse as you will find anywhere, in North America (In my opinion). All local food, Terrific Halibut, surprised to have local veggies this time of year, but we did..Grass fed organic beef from was awesome. Homemade local deserts even better. The owner/operator chef and local staff was superb with service and explaining the menu options. I will return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steve D
Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
We're glad you chose to have your business dinner with us, and that you enjoyed the local food on the menu. We do our best to source all of our menu items from as close to home as possible. We hope to entertain you again for your next business dinner!

Toronto, Canada
“Pricey and unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

If you want fine dining in St. John's, try this place. Located in the Murray Premises Hotel, this pricey steak chophouse has some of the most unique tastes you will experience. The service in the 2 times I went was fabulous, and the chefs were very detailed in their presentation and care of the dishes. Between courses they brought small little samplers of things the chefs had made. It made a 2 course meal feel like a 5 course meal. Yes, their steak prices are very high, but guaranteed the steak is cooked perfectly. If steak isn't your thing, there are many other things on the menu to satisfy your tastebuds. I recommend the Baked Oysters and the Scallop appetizer. Delicious.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Dan R
Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed your dining experiences with us. We do indeed take care to offer only top notch food and service and we hope you'll dine with us again when you are in the city!
St John's
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Food was superb, service was excellent! Best selection of steaks in the city. Great atmosphere. Look forward to going back!

1 Thank Pungeroo
Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on having the best steaks in the province, and we look forward to serving you again!
St. John's, Canada
“Food and service excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have visited this restaurant twice, once just with my wife, once with my wife, stepdaughter, and stepdaughter's partner. The partner, a marine engineer, is the greatest steak lover I know. He was satisfied, both with the flavour of his steak, its quantity, and its texture and presentation.
My filet was excellent. The wife and stepdaughter also enjoyed their meat - pork for my wife, lamb (I think) for my stepdaughter.

Her partner and I enjoyed some Rioja, which went well with our steaks; I do think that this restaurant needs to work a little on their wine list.

The service was very nice, and the waiters made a little bit of a fuss over my wife, which she really appreciated. If you keep my wife happy, then you keep ME happy.

The One11 Chophouse is expensive but it is by no means the most expensive restaurant in St. John's, and the value is good. They age their own beef, and their top-of-the-line steak begins at $100! My own filet cost more like $30, which was reasonable.

This is a very nice restaurant with a pleasant easy ambiance. It is in my view second to Raymond's, but it is not so expensive as Raymond's, nor is it as formal. For myself I like formal dining but my wife prefers the easy congeniality of the One11 Chophouse.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank John L
Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you've enjoyed your experieces at ONE11 and we hope you continue to dine with us! We are always looking to improve and expand our wine list given the space we have available, and our sommolier is always looking to add unique and interesting selections. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with my visit to this restaurant. Everything was perfect. Fine dining at its best. Service was friendly and food was excellent. Will be back soon.

Visited April 2014
Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thanks for the great review! We're glad you enjoyed your first experience, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!