Stayed here with my daughter for two nights at the beginning of a Newfoundland vacation and another two nights at the end. We took a junior suite on the third floor which served our needs very well. We had a Queen bed and a sofa bed, both of which were comfortable, in a large room of about 440 square feet. The room was well equipped, was quiet, and had great views over the harbour. Toiletries, such as shampoo and towels, were of mediocre quality.
Free parking was conveniently located just across the road and, on the one occasion that the lot was full, we availed ourselves of the free valet parking which was speedy and courteous.
During our first two nights , the lobby was being renovated. The renovations were complete upon our second visit and the new lobby is very nice. Conversely, the dining room was closed on our second visit and a complimentary continental breakfast was served. Frankly I enjoyed that as much as a full breakfast in the dining room because the quality was poor, although to be fair the price was unusually low for a hotel. It is to be hoped that food quality will be improved along with the renovations!
All the staff at the hotel were outstanding. They were efficient, responsive and a total pleasure to deal with. On a Saturday night, when every restaurant seemed to be full, they got us a reservation at an excellent place just five minutes away.
Oh, by the way, there was no noise or disturbance from the renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated, award winning hotel ideally located in the downtown business, entertainment and historic district; we are a short walk to Signal Hill and the famous George Street. Beautiful selection of modern Harbour view room and luxurious suite options. On site is one of St. John's newest culinary delights Harbour Room Restaurant and Lounge. Complimentary wireless internet and parking. We invite you to experience true Newfoundland hospitality combined with the highest of standards you have grown to trust in a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard St. John's Newfoundland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott St. John`s Newfoundland Hotel St. John`s
- Courtyard St Johns
- Marriott St. John's
- Courtyard St. John's Newfoundland Canada
- St Johns Courtyard
- St. John's Marriott
- St. John's Courtyard