I stayed here for 7 nights during a recent business trip to St. John's and Mount Pearl. This hotel is the one that my company uses, and we get a pretty good rate here. My first impressions were very good. My colleague and I arrived late on a rainy night and were welcomed by a smiling face at reception. The check-in procedure was done in no time, and we were given a quick run-down of what is available in the hotel, and nearby.
My room was really good, overlooking the harbour and Signal Hill in the distance. I had a comfortable king sized bed, with an easy chair in the corner and a desk in the other. The flat screen TV was great, with lots of programs, and the bathroom was well appointed. The only things that were not quite ideal were: 1) there was no security lock box in the room, and 2) the WiFi speed was not great (especially on the Sunday). Otherwise, I had a very comfortable stay here.
The hotel is located right next to the docks, and the main part of the town is just 5-10 minutes away by foot. You can also walk to the Geo science center (15 minutes) or Signal Hill (30 minutes), although make sure you are prepared for rain as the weather can change on a dime up here. I did not eat an evening meal in this hotel, but I did have a drink at the bar a couple of times, and enjoyed looking at the view across the harbour. The breakfast here is good, although you have to be careful when ordering to make sure you get what you need (more than once I ended up with unwanted hash browns). There is an area in the restaurant set aside for a buffet, but the hotel does not use this for a breakfast buffet; perhaps this would be a good idea for the future.
All told, I had a good time here, and would definitely stay here next time I visit St. John's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott St. John's Newfoundland is an award winning hotel in Newfoundland and Labrador Canada. We're ideally located in the downtown business, entertainment and historic district, just a short walk from Signal Hill and the famous George Street. Beautiful selection of modern Harbour view room and luxurious suite options. On site is one of St. John's newest culinary delights Harbour Room Restaurant and Lounge. Complimentary wireless internet and parking. We invite you to experience true Newfoundland hospitality combined with the highest of standards you have grown to trust in a Courtyard by Marriott hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott St. John's Newfoundland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott St. John`s Newfoundland Hotel St. John`s
- Courtyard St Johns
- Marriott St. John's
- Courtyard St. John's
- St Johns Courtyard
- St. John's Marriott
- St. John's Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott St. John's Newfoundland Canada