Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in St. John's
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Stayed 3 nights while visiting St John's, close to downtown, easy walk! this is nice if you like to talk in George Street after dinner. Very clean room the cleanest I have seen in a 2 start. Small breakfeast was nice, rooks have kitchenit if you want eggs etc... nice fitness room. Staff were friendly and nice, and had realavent info. David on frount desk when we arrived was very pleasent. Best price I could find in town and they did not disapoint.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Clean, loved the kitchenette,wireless internet and complimentary breakfast... would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was there a month ago in a sort of half-business half-leisure trip to St John's. The location is okay as the city is not big, you can walk to downtown core in 10-15 minutes. The parking is free but we didn't rent a car. Staff are friendly, the reception area is neat, and you can access Internet on the PC they put there. Breakfast is not bad. I paid $5 for the wireless in the room for the 4-night stay. The facilitate is old, as I learnt from previous this hotel was turned from an old apartment. Don't cook too much in the room as the fan doesn't take the smell out. The price is fair, so I would put 2.5 star on it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The ExtendedStay Deluxe St. John's was a great stay for us. The location was fairly central to everything we wanted to do. It was close enough to the downtown that we could walk if we wanted to. The rooms were very clean, the bed was comfortable. The only complaint we had was that they had an in-room air conditioner that really didn't seem to work really well and it was very noisy - and there was no way to turn it off.

We did have an issue with the toilet "breaking" - the flusher thing in the tank was floating properly so that the toilet kept running. We reported it the next morning and by the time we returned to the room later that day it was fixed.

The continental breakfast was adequate (coffee was really good) - but they do not supply fruit or yoghurt if you like that with your breakfast.

The staff were wonderful and very helpful - there's even a laundry room to do your own laundry - that's nice when you've been traveling for a few days and you're running out of clean clothing.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family - and I would definitely stay there again.

Thank you to ExtendedStay Deluxe St. John's - we had a great time in St. John's...we'll be back!

Wendy Lundrigan
Summerside, PEI

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I enjoyed staying at Extended Stay in St. John's, the staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. I didn't have a lot of demands but while sitting at the 'free computer' I would listen to them take care of other guests.
A modern hotel with self-catering, they served a european style breakfast buffet, bagels, bread, toaster, coffee, tea and juice. I had a good coffee maker with coffee and tea provided daily. Small fridge and two burner stove with sink.
I stayed one night, then returned 4 days later for a three night stay.
If I was to go to St. John's again I would definitely stay there.

My biggest recommendation for driving in both St. John's or Newfoundland in general is a GPS. The roads are confusing in that some names change up to three time, not easy to follow on maps.

Annette Code

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2010

A business like hotel, with a good location, especially so it a car. Rooms spacious, very noisy. Breakfast terrible, tasteless and cramped room. Unfriendly service. Only advantages: price, free Internet and good kitchenware.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Stayed here one night with friend and a dog (they accept pets for a small fee). Standard room for the price but with the added bonus of kitchenette. Pay per use laundry in the basement and small fitness room. Breakfast included - cereal, bagels, coffee.

This hotel was a reasonable price and was located only 20 min from downtown. That said, that walk was in some places through areas which I would not feel safe walking in solo... Also we asked the receptionst where was a good street to find a restaurant. He proceeded to name individual places nearby (some not even places that served food!). After repeating the request for just a general area where we could browse for places to eat he said there was none in St Johns.
He was wrong. We found it the next day. Georges street is the place to go, resaurants of all types and sizes...too late for us to eat in through. Very frustrating. Extremely odd to have such unknowledgeable staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends