I'm currently a 'Resident" at the hotel while on long term assignment in St. John's. There are other chains that offer more room but they are not downtown. It's a 10 minute walk downtown but a bit longer coming back because of the hill. If you drive it will take you longer to park than to get there. It may be just me, but if I have to get in the car and drive 20 minutes I'm much less likely to go.
The rooms are well appointed and beding is nearly new so matresses and pillows are firm and comfortable. A two burner range and undercounter fridge are provided. Cook space is a little cramped but workable.
People are great, helpful, friendly. Breakfast is served every day and the bagels and muffins are fresh and a cut above the usual. Coffee is good. Coffee-mate is a disappointment.
Downsides - Air conditioners are large in the room devices. Mine chugs and rattles so that whatever you put on top ends up on the floor. Parking is limited. If the hotel is full and you return after 7 PM you may end up on the street.
All considered a very good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rooms equipped with mini-refrigerator ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe St. John`s-Downtown Hotel St. John`s
- Extended Stay St Johns
- Extended Stay St. John's
- St. John's Extended Stay
- St Johns Extended Stay
- Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown Newfoundland