We were a group of 6 couples on a golfing holiday. The Hometel is a row of town houses, each with three bedrooms, three bathrooms plus a lounge (which can be used as a 4th bedroom) and kitchen. The houses have 3 floors, with two of the bedrooms on the top floor and one on the street level. The two upper rooms were of a nice size with a good size bathroom. I was told that the street level room was smaller. The hotel is very central and only a short distance from many of St. John`s tourist attractions.
Because we took over two of these town houses, we met few of the other guests. We did meet some of them at breakfast and it struck me that it could be a bit awkward sharing a house with complete strangers.
The breakfast was perfectly adequate and we liked being able to choose either to eat in the general breakfast room or eating in our own house kitchen.
Helpful and very pleasant staff created a nice atmosphere in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled safely downtown on historic Signal Hill - Newfoundland's # 1 Tourist attraction. Steps to Cathedrals, Theatres, Museums, Fine Restaurants, Shopping and St.John's Harbour. Flexible check-ins, luxurious bathrooms with extensive lighting, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, soaker tubs, hi-speed internet, computers and faxes, luxurious linens, scrumptious breakfast, free long distance. free local calls, free parking, air conditioning, ultimate cable 62 channels, in-room mini fridge, free daily local and national newspapers. Unbeatable off season rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hometel on Signal Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hometel On Signal Hill Hotel St. John`s
- Hometel On Signal Hill Newfoundland, Canada