“Second strike for Cora's” 2 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Cora's Breakfast & Lunch
Cuisines: Canadian
Goose Bay, Labrador Canada
“Second strike for Cora's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

this was second attempt eating at Cors's. Breakfast ordered nothing fancy. Colleague had what appeared to be a hair in his eggs. Took forever for waitress' attention. She as out of the restaurant. She came back and order another breakfast for my friend. Not much of an apology. No offer for second coffee!!! Terrible service meant no tip. I fully understand why they were not busy. Second bad experience with Cora's in St.John's means no chance for third strike! Hard to fool up eggs and bacon!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

St. John's, NL
“Not going back again!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband, my son and myself along with our friends (family of four) went to this restaurant after the CIBC run for the Cure on Sunday, October 6th. I have been to this restaurant as well as the one on Kenmount Road before and was pleased. This visit was terrible. When we arrived there were other parties that were seated about a 1/2 hour after us. So, the party of two across from us were served pretty much immediately and the party of 7, same as ourselves, were served the same time that we were. We waited over an hour for our food -- long enough for my friend and I to drink 10 pots of tea!!! We asked, numerous times what the hold up was and at one point one of the servers rolled her eyes at me and said that it would be soon, I also heard that it would be there in "2 minutes". When we asked why other people were being served before us we were told that it was easier to serve 2 people instead of 7. Finally our food arrives, there are three children's meals in that food -- so not much preparing there. My bacon was freezing and the food was not to the standard that I have had previously at Cora's. I had the cinnamon roll and it was hard as a rock.

We paid our bill and left. I called the store manager two days later and politely explained what had happened -- he gave me all kinds of excuses to the effect that a couple of people had called in sick and they have been having a hard time getting produce all week so it was more of a challenge to prepare the food. I was told that he would look into it, but I never did hear back and never received even an apology.

I also sent Cora's head office an e-mail but they didn't respond either.

I wouldn't mind, but I actually had to pay for all of this -- my friend went there two weeks later and it was still the same.

• Visited October 2013