“Try the Elk Burger”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Woodland Hills, California, United States
“Try the Elk Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have eaten 3 lunches at The Works. The service and food have always been very good. If you go for a burger you will be a happy diner as this is what they do best. I like the elk burger as it is tasty and very low fat. All the toppings are excellent. For Newfoundland it is a good value. They have some good things on the children's menu.

Visited April 2014

“good stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

beer is never empty, modern staff food is delicious, the interesting salt and pepper shakers and the tasty food is amazing

• Visited March 2014
“Nice burgers if you like bacon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

The only thing you can eat are burgers but their is a lot of choice, and it's clean. They preferable choice is bacon !

Visited February 2014
St. John's
“Great burgers, decent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

While the service left something to be desired, the food selections were extensive and food quality was excellent! Highly recommend for burgers and shakes!

Visited September 2013
Newfoundland
“Impressed with the service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I went last night for supper, arriving around 6:30PM. There were no events on at Mile One like hockey or any concerts so that probably contributed to the fact the restaurant was about quarter full. We were seated within a couple of minutes and our server appeared within a couple of minutes of that. We ordered drinks - a light beer for my wife and a Diet Coke for me as I was driving, and they were brought very quickly. The server gave us a few minutes to review the menu and then returned to take our order. For an app we had the Tower of Rings with a choice of two dipping sauces and for mains I had the "Getting Piggy With It" burger with a side Poutine and the wife had the "Chicken Fight Club" sandwich with a side fries.
The app arrived fairly quickly and was quite good. Crispy onion rings and very hot. As soon as we were finished this the server came and took it from the table and promptly returned with the mains. The timing was excellent. My burger was very good, hot and not dry like some other reviews have stated. In fact there was juice constantly running out of it. The burger had 2 slices of back bacon, an 8oz beef patty, bacon ketchup, smoked bacon and crispy onion strings. Got to say it was tasty!. My wife also stated that her chicken sandwich was excellent. My Diet Coke was the free refill type and as soon as the server saw it was almost empty she brought another without asking which I thought was great. The Poutine was good but I did think the gravy was just a tad thin.
We didn't try any deserts beacuse we were just too full.
Overall I was impressed especially with our server. I believe the best compliment you can give a restaurant is to answer the question - Would you go again? Yes I would.
Cost of the meal was $58.00 and we had a coupon for $10.00, so for $48.00 plus tip it was well worth it.

• Visited January 2014