“Relaxing and polite”

Ranked #158 of 374 Restaurants in St. John's
St. John's, Canada
“Relaxing and polite”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I love this location! The layout is great and the staff are extremely friendly. On Friday and Saturday nights this location has music.

Would highly recommended this location!

• Visited June 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Friendly, comfortable, great cakes, good hot chocolate”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stopped for afternoon tea after a long walk. The staff were lovely, the ambiance good, and our cakes were all really good - a toasted bagel, a red velvet cake, a gingerbread and an oatmeal cookie. My friend had been trying to find a nice hot chocolate for days, and here it was. They offer the Viennese style of hot chocolate - hot frothed milk into which you dip some Belgium chocolate, melting as much of it as needed to get the strength you want.

It was a very welcome respite on a very cold day.

1 Thank glts
Pouch Cove, NL
“wonderful coffee and staff”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I'm not a pastry fan so I'll restrict my comments to the coffee and ambiance both of which are terrific. This is my favorite coffee stop in the Stavanger area both for drive-throughs and a more extended stay. In fact I sometimes go out of my way to get coffee at Second Cup. It's much better than Starbuck's to my taste. They provide a free newspaper and of course wifi, and the staff is friendly making it a nice place to unwind for a while.

1 Thank Iris442013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Where's the meat???”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The location was great, just across the street from the Shereton. It was our third and fourth trip to Second Cup. The first two visits, the food was great. On Sun. Dec. 2nd, the food was also great-we just really couldn't find so much of it.
On Mon. Dec., 2nd we just got a muffin and a dessert. The yogurt muffin stuck to its liner and by the time I extracted it, it was in pieces-although tasty pieces. My husband had a chocolate cupcake, which I believe he enjoyed immensely because he was less than enthusiastic when offerring me a bite. I declined.
Back to Sunday...The sandwiches were very tasty (chicken with avacado and I think my husband had a turkey or chicken sandwich). The amount of food on the sandwiches including the "chips" on the plate were very dissapointing. You will leave feeling like you could still eat something and you will really notice the "Lightness" in your wallet. We a not big people or eaters by any means but skimpy is putting it lightly. I do not care if I pay for quality but at least some quantity does matter in end. While waiting for our capps on Monday morning while our server discussed her hours with I believe the manager/owner (an irritant that I think we all put up with), I noticed a company car parked right outside the restaurant window. Two irritants that I cannot accept are, 1. owners/employees parking in a spot that could have been used for a paying customer, and 2. the pictures of giant and overstuffed sandwiches on the car was just plain false advertising. If I return on my next visit to St. John's, I will try another sandwich (it could have been just an off day), but I will also be bringing my camera.

Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
“Relaxation”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

When in town my wife and i always try to make a stop at this outlet in the Avalon Mall. It is a quaint area and lends itself for a comfortable visit. The staff is quite friendly and efficient- the hot beverages and snacks are good as well.

Visited October 2013