“Poutine done right”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Canada
“Poutine done right”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I love this please. It has really good friends and cool combos of what to put on them! You could go stand poutine of gravy and cheese but some of the selections are really good! I did not like the curried one, it just didn't go. I think it is unfair to compare this to other poutine in the city. If you compare it to poutine that you get in Quebec, Smokes is really a winner! There aren't many options in this town to get authentic poutine but this for me is fabulous! I also like the vibe at Smoke's, it's kind loud and it is fast food so people eat and leave and don't linger too long which is a huge pet peeve of mine, people not moving when they are done and there's people waiting on a table.

Quispamsis, Canada
“BAAAADDD! CUSTOMER SERVICE (and mold)”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Took my wife and kids there tonight and was eating large poutine when tasted mold in fries. Had wife check to agree on what I was tasting. Did not figure it was the end of the world since I know that potatoes get stored and have defects that could get moldy. Went to staff and tried to be discreet around his other customers. To my surprise he simply told me that:

1) mold taste was impossible (ok I guess I ain't smart enuf to know poutine man);
2) since I ate half the dish before finding the problem there would be no replacement or cash back;

After expressing some shock and dismay within earshot of almost everyone in there he agreed to provide a new small size to replace the large one I had.

We declined and walked out. We had been there once before and liked it but after that NEVER AGAIN! What poor customer service and the guy said he was the owner!

Newfie in Coventry
“had to try it - good but i prefer NY Fries”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had just regular old poutine and pop shoppe cream soda. Was nice but I prefer the New York Fries poutine - i think the fries make the difference. Ample portion at Smoke's for not a lot of money. The pop shoppe offering is great and this was the best part for me. Service was ok. The place feels a bit cold but it wasn't busy and was the middle of the week so that could be a factor. I'm glad I tried it but i won't be going again

Paradise
“Cannot get enough”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Yummy yummy!! This is quick and hot food. There are tons of choices and you can't go wrong. Open till 4 am some nights which is convenient. Will definitely be going back!

Visited October 2013
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
“Delicious.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Smoke's Poutinerie has something for everyone. With over two-dozen poutine options, including a few vegetarian poutines, Smoke's has something for everyone. The homemade fries are cut in store and are always fresh, covered in gravy and huge cheese curds. You're getting a great deal of food for what you're spending too.

It's open very late from Thursday-Saturday, so if you're downtown and need a bite to eat you can swing in for something delicious. A very inventive idea with awesome decorating and a great atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013