Review Highlights
Amazing relaxing facial

I have been going to Soothe for years....never disappointed. Gloria, the owner, is wonderful... read more

Reviewed January 23, 2019
MaureenJH
Friendly and welcoming spa

Went in for a manicure on a rainy day - and what a lovely escape. Soothe's atmosphere is relaxing... read more

Reviewed October 23, 2018
Curiosity544512

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around St. John's
from $67.74
More Info
All reviews foot soak manicure and pedicure foot bath heritage building esthetician
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

A friend and I had pedicures here. It's a lovely spa in a heritage building downtown. We both work in health and hygiene and pay close attention to how things are done. Their standards and practices were great and they answered all our questions. Very responsive, knowledgeable and friendly staff. And a great pedicure!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018

My aunt and I visited this spa while she was vacationing here from Toronto. We each got a package called the "Soothe and Rejuvenate" which involved a full manicure, pedicure and a facial. Upon entering, we were offered tea, coffee or water, which arrived promptly. The wait was short. The aestheticians were personable and friendly.The manicure and pedicure were great, though no cuticle work was done. The polish has stayed, particularly on the toes. Fingers- not so much, although it was not shellac, just regular polish, so it is expected to chip a little. The facial was very relaxing- though not a full facial. I feel that for the price, a full facial should be included. I also appreciate when an aesthetician introduces him/herself before beginning, I just think that is professional. They know the client's name from when they booked the appointment- I don't think a proper introduction would've been out of place. The facial was relaxing, though short and not a full facial. There were no extractions done. I think that this package is great for if you're looking strictly to be pampered and relax for a few hours. However, if you're looking to see long lasting changes, this might not be the package for you.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My niece and I had pedicure/manicure and facial packages at Soothe. The location is spotless, the staff friendly and welcoming and the ambience so relaxing.
We had our appointment on Sunday ; there was no one else in the building and we felt very accommodated. I am thrilled with our experience.
I have had more thorough facials and manis, but the experience was more than enjoyable.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

My best friend and I went to Soothe to have our nails done for my graduation and it was a great experience! Staff was very friendly and helpful and ensured we had a relaxing evening and made sure we got what we were looking for. I believe it was Megan who did my manicure and pedicure and she was wonderful. Prices were reasonable and we left very happy. Would certainly recommend!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 12, 2018

I came in for a hot stone massage ($95 before tax) and arrived about 10 minutes early. The lobby / waiting area is a cozy living room with couch, fireplace, etc. I was quickly offered to have my coat taken and asked if I'd like a water, tea, coffee, etc. (Coffee even came with a piece of chocolate!) I chatted briefly with the lady at reception and was introduced to the lady giving me the massage and shown up to the treatment room. The room was dimly lit and nicely decorated with soft relaxing music playing.

She explained how to get ready, asked me a few questions, etc and left me to enjoy a foot soak for about 10-15 minutes. Just as my foot bath was getting colder she came in and dried off my feet and explained how to lay down. She then began the most massage starting on my back, then legs. At the end she had me flip over and offered me a scalp massage and massaged my arms, neck & decletage.

The entire service lasted approximately 1.5 hours with approximately 1 hour spent on the massage.

Overall it was a very relaxing service and atmosphere with friendly staff! I would certainly recommend it and go back for other services.

However, as relaxing as the massage was I feel like it was not the service I was expecting. Again, I want to emphasize this is comparing my expectation to the service which was still very enjoyable.

She used warm towels, lotion / oil & warm stones throughout the massage. I did expect to feel more heat from the stones or to have them kept in certain / multiple spots but it seemed as though the stones were used on or two spots at a time in a moving motion and more to heat her hands than my body. This may simply be a misunderstanding on my part. I also felt as though a lot of the massage was very gentle rubbing / swirling sort of hand motions rather than using much pressure. She did explain she was not a RMT and it would not be a deep tissue massage which was fine. However, the effect of all these things was more of having a lot of lotion gently rubbed in with a very light massage and warm hands -- something that was very enjoyable and relaxing, rather than a massage that worked the muscles.

As well, even though relaxed after, even after I arrived home my one shoulder was actually somewhat stiffer than before.

Date of experience: April 2018