“Very Good”

Saltwater Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 378 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual and comfortable dining, fresh seafood and happy hour tapas in the heart of downtown St.John's, Newfoundland.
Niteroi, RJ
“Very Good”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I'm from Brazil and this is mt third time here in St. John's, but this is my first time at SaltWater. the food is really good and the service is great. I really recommend this restaurant in your visit in Newfoundland.

• Visited May 2014

St. John's, Canada
“Great seafood”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

After eating here a few times, definitely one of my favourite new spots in St. John's! Service was a little slow when here with a group, but the food was worth the wait and the waitress was apologetic so it's all good.

Visited February 2014
Montreal, Canada
“I was disappointed”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Despite all of the positive reviews for this restaurant on Tripadvisor, I was disappointed. We were a group of 14 person. They served everyone excepting me! Indeed they forgot my order and I was watching the other eating for 7 minutes and before having my meal... I ordered a sea food risotto which was very acidic. I asked to two other Italian peoples of our group about their risotto and they very agree with me. in conclusion, my ranking is average and considering the expensive price and their service, I was not satisfied ...

• Visited April 2014
Thank M.A. J
St. John's, Canada
“One of St. John's FINEST!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Just wanted to pass along my comments on a fantastic meal we had here on a recent Saturday Night in early March. Big thanks for the great service from our waiter Warren. It was our first visit and I have nothing but great things to say about the place. For those reviewers who have complained about slow service it is a fine dining experience not meant to be rushed......if your in a hurry just tell your server but why rush good food and good wine. Love all the little extras....Amuse Bouche Sorbet and the bread they serve is Amazing. We had the Pork Chicken and Seafood Risotto entrees....all were fantastic. If you are a seafood lover you will be in heaven with the huge selection their menu has to offer. Easily one of St. John's Finest!

• Visited March 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Remains a treat!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My fiance and I returned to Saltwater and had another wonderful meal. As usual we ordered a series of small plates and some wine. The scallops were as pleasing as the first taste, and perfectly cooked. We opted for that evenings mussel dish and were wowed by the flavors. They were perfectly cooked in a broth seasoned with lobster, bacon, sweet corn, tomatoes and jalapeno for some spice. I cannot say how flavorful this dish was and we devoured it!

If you get the opportunity to visit this lovely restaurant please do! The food and service are stellar and it is a very comfortable atmosphere.

Bon Appetite!