“Great fun with one minor exception”

North Atlantic Ziplines
Ranked #4 of 19 Tours in St. John's
Waterloo
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great fun with one minor exception”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had a beautiful day, and the views are spectacular. There was only my husband and I on the tour, which was nice as we did not have to wait, but at the same time, it would have been nice to have been able to spend a bit more time and go a bit more slowly. With only 2 people, we whizzed through the lines in 45 minutes - it is normally 2-2.5 hours. It felt a bit rushed, and that the guides were in a hurry to get through - clip, zip, clip, zip. There was no time to stop to admire the view. The one complaint that I have is that there was one zip line where I did not quite make it to the end. As I was pulling myself in, the guide at the top started his zip while I was still on the line. I knew he would be able to stop and not hit me, but his weight on the line made it harder for me to pull myself along. There was no reason for him to go on the line before I was off, as we were going so quickly we had plenty of time. Other than that, it was great fun. The lines were long - the 2nd one is a big shock after the first small one!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank wloo11

Nova Scotia, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“So Fun!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Myself, my boyfriend and another couple went ziplinging on Canada Day 2014, it was a blast! The guides are very nice and helpful. We had a beautiful sunny day for it which I'm sure made a huge difference compared to if it would've been a wet/rainy day. There were 10 ziplines. My friend is a bit afraid of heights and seemed nervous, but after the first 2 lines, she was a pro! A bus takes you most of the way to the start, but know that there's a bit of a hike to get to to very start. There were people of all ages/body types there and everyone had fun. We had a large group of about 20 people, the only downfall was waiting around for everyone else to come down to continue onto the next line, although they usually had 2 lines going at the same time. Wonderful views of trees, water, and city! Highly recommended! :)

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must do!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I would suggest to everyone to go and do this experience. The staff were so friendly and the views were amazing. Be sure to take a water bottle with you because the hike up is super tough! I was winded!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Renae M
Toronto, Canada
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“An expensive lesson”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have gone on a few zip lines and thoroughly enjoyed each one, this one unnerved me quite a bit. The hand braking system is one I have never experienced before, but fine I could adapt to that. No back up line, okay lets move on..
I've always worn a full harness, this is a bottom only harness.
The first kicker was we were provided hand signal instruction before boarding the bus, we were told the instruction would be repeated once we arrived up the hill however the wind was so strong we could not hear each other at all, instruction was very limited.
There was an offer on the table to run tandem with an instructor if you were not comfortable however once at the top of the hill that was taken off the table by the fact there were only two people manning the group.
MOST importantly - Safety Standards regulate that the lead man MUST be in contact with the other member at all times - we had one guide with No communication device - according to safety standards operation must cease if this is the case. After doing the bunny run to be sure you are comfortable with the braking system my husband decided this was just not for him, there was some peer pressure to coax him along, he was adamant and we decided to return. Operator one could not communicate with the rest of the group to tell them the situation and that was where I decided this was just not safe and returned as well. I had no issue with paying a fee. We were told no credit would be issued because we had done the first run. Technically a bunny run should not be considered your first run and the fact that safety standards were not being met the offer should have been placed on the table to credit at least one of us but that did not happen. So if you are hesitant I suggest you listen to your initial instinct and not go on this particular line.
"Never saddle a dead horse" is the phrase my husband used when deciding not to continue on with line one (or line two I guess) .. I'm going to google that now ...

Visited June 2014
7 Thank akyraty
Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing!!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This ziplining experience was incredible! The lines were great, scenery was gorgeous and the fog made it even more exciting. Best of all, Rob and Phil were fantasic guides- friendly, knowledgeable, safe and just plain fun! Thanks guys, for an awesome day- definitely the best part of our stay in St. John's!

Visited May 2014