“Always consistent, always delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Happy Hummus Hut - CLOSED

The Happy Hummus Hut
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
St. John's, Canada
“Always consistent, always delicious!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

At first glance the Happy Hummus Hut can be a little overwhelming. The menu boards don't make much sense and there is a feeling that a newcomer should already know what they want. That's about the only negative thing I can say about it however.

The staff are genuinely interested in making sure you get what you want and with a little prompting they'll help you make a selection. I love the wraps, usually selecting the Hummus of the Day, always made fresh and always bursting with flavour.

The price is a little steeper than I would like. A combo usually costs $11-$15 plus the tip (if you're so inclined).

Visited November 2012
1 Thank djrss

Torbay, Newfoundland, Canada
“Very Happy with the Happy Hummus Hut!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to The Happy Hummus Hut! The name matches the atmosphere there perfectly - the colours make you feel happy when you walk in and the smiling faces of the staff is certainly warming! I am gluten and dairy intolerant so it was nice to eat out and not have to worry about things being contaminated because of their separate stations! Great idea! My husband and I ate dinner there and both enjoyed the quesadillas with the grilled sweet potato fries. It was delicious! Everything was very fresh and tasty. The portion was perfect. We were quite satisfied after. We also had the hummus starter. The hummus was awesome! Great job! Keep smiling and doing what your doing! My only recommendation for improvement would be to add more tables and maybe lower the lights in that area as we found it a little too bright.

Can't wait to return :)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Tara T
St. John's, Canada
“Nice Place, Fresh Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I had lunch there today, nice place, simple decor, the place was very clean with local artwork for sale on the walls.

Vegetarian restaurants have a vibe all of their own, if you've eaten at many, And I have, you know what mean, I like it, no pretension, just good fresh food prepared simply, the way it should be.

We both had the Quesadilas, very tasty, not too filling (small and thinly filled) but given their size were not cheap at $7.95 each (plates were water spotted) and looked bare on the dishes, it would have been nice to have a couple of slices of fresh fruit to give it some color.

We shared a plate of grilled (not fried) sweet potato fries served with curry flavored dip, very nice.

No soups were on the menu which I found odd.

Drinks were limited and no smoothies or veggie based drinks were offered on the menu which you would think would go hand in hand with this type of place.

All in all a nice easy going place for lunch, I'd go back again.

Give it a try.

Toronto, Canada
“Great for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I recently went to the Happy Hummus Hut with a fellow vegetarian and a meat-eater, and we were all delighted. The server was eager to help us make our selection. We each had rice wraps that were carefully prepared by the staff, along with veggies and hummus. Everything was delicious! I wish I lived in St. John's so I could have lunch here every day!

• Visited August 2012
Niagara-on-the-Lake
“Refreshing Vegetarian Lunch”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My girlfriend is a vegetarian - I am not.
We had lunch at the Happy Hummus Hut yesterday, and it was fantastic. I had a veggie wrap that was refreshing and delicious. The spreads are amazing, the vegetables are fresh, and the dressings are delicious. She had a gluten free quesadilla, which was awesome. The gluten free tortilla was surprisingly delicious, and it had the perfect amount of cheese and veggies. She also had a salad with the lime pomegranate dressing which was nice and light.
We shared an order of the sweet potato fries - which we were happy to see were grilled, not fried. They came with a citrus salt and a curry mayo... all in all, amazing. I wish we were staying in St. John's longer so we could eat here again.
ALSO, it was the cheapest lunch we could find in town!
The proprietor was very pleasant, and eager to answer questions about the city of St. John's. She was very nice, and you can tell she really stands behind what she serves.... she makes the whole experience!

• Visited September 2012