“Average Hotel Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Description: in the Courtyard by Marriott
Description: in the Courtyard by Marriott
Reviewed December 2, 2012

While working with a colleague in the lounge portion of this restaurant we decided to turn coffee into lunch. The food was decent and the prices were reasonable. Only issue was that it took 35 minutes to have someone take our order after being handed the menus.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Smitty's is located inside the Courtyard Marriott hotel and has a lovely harbor view. Try the Rocky Mountain burger, it was delicious. So full I could barely move after I was finished but I just couldn't stop eating. Compliments to the chef and cheers to the service. If you're staying at the hotel and want a good cup of joe, they have a good brew.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We went to Smitty's for a Saturday morning / afternoon brunch after our group did a Zumba class at the nearby gym. There appeared to be a bit of a wait for tables, and our group would have been hard to seat in the main diningroom due to the size of our group (8 people). The owner was on the ball, and opened up the private dining room so that we could be seated more promptly and all together at one table. We really appreciated him doing that for us.

However, we did have to wait quite some time for our food. I'm not sure if it was due in part to the general business of the restaurant at that time, or the size of our group, or if our order's were forgotten my the waitress - or a combination of all of the above. We all found that our food was a little cool and seemed as if it had been sitting a while before it was brought to the table.

I see that other reviews are for the Smitty's at the Marriot in downtown St. John's - this is for the stand alone restaurant on Mount Pearl.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A local suggested we grab breakfast here, honestly I never would have gone if I knew it was located in a hotel - but that's my prejudice. Most of my family ate from the breakfast buffet, but I grab something off the menu. My food was good, the buffet got mixed reviews.
They had some local NL cuisine, which was nice.
Cost was high for quality.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A friend was in town for the weekend so I decided to join her for brunch. I order the waffles with strawberries. It was ok and I guess I got what I asked for however, the service was very poor. I ordered coffee when I first sat down and it took forever to get a cup. No refills? One small cup for the entire time I was there was ridiculous. The waitress never came back to see if I wanted a refill or maybe orange juice. From the time I ordered to the time I got my waffles it must have been 15 or 20 minutes. Long time just sitting and waiting. The place was not busy and it was a Saturday.