“Just OK”

Cuisines: American
Description: in the Courtyard by Marriott
Description: in the Courtyard by Marriott
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A local suggested we grab breakfast here, honestly I never would have gone if I knew it was located in a hotel - but that's my prejudice. Most of my family ate from the breakfast buffet, but I grab something off the menu. My food was good, the buffet got mixed reviews.
They had some local NL cuisine, which was nice.
Cost was high for quality.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A friend was in town for the weekend so I decided to join her for brunch. I order the waffles with strawberries. It was ok and I guess I got what I asked for however, the service was very poor. I ordered coffee when I first sat down and it took forever to get a cup. No refills? One small cup for the entire time I was there was ridiculous. The waitress never came back to see if I wanted a refill or maybe orange juice. From the time I ordered to the time I got my waffles it must have been 15 or 20 minutes. Long time just sitting and waiting. The place was not busy and it was a Saturday.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very disappointed in two meals we ate at this restaurant at our recent stay at the Marriott. We ordered steak dinner (ordered medium it was very well done, tough and lack of flavour), chicken quesadillas (also very bland, no flavour) and also liver and onions (based on waitresses recommendation - however it was very thin and over cooked). Home fries were good.
Breakfast was also very disappointing, waffles were tough and dry, omelet was small and the vegetables were oil soaked, taters were good, Coffee was very weak, warm and you only get 1 small cup with no refills offered. We would not eat at this restaurant again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

great breakfast with lots of choices, good service even though it was busy. Order off menu or buffet style.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice view over the harbour. My wife had lobster and thinks the lobster was frozen, not fresh. I had a taco beef salad and it was just ok. The waitress was very nice and attentive. Pretty underwhelming but not awful.