“Could be so much more”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Regina, Canada
“Could be so much more”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped in for a late breakfast the other day. The Eggs Benedict with smoke salmon were pretty good although slightly over cooked. Was disappointed that I couldn't get a coke (I know, odd thing for breakfast but I wanted one). Service was friendly and efficient. Decor is cluttered and looks like a coffee shop, which is what this place basically is.

Liked it enough that I went back today for brunch. They were busy, told me it would be 25 mins for Eggs Benedict - time I did not have. So I had a bagel with cream cheese and a (very good) orange chocolate chip carmel muffin. Would have preferred some eggs though.

Rothesay, NB
“Best Hamburger Ever !!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The title said it all. The three other guests had Pizza and soup which looked and smelled great. Just a cool place to hang out and have a bite to eat. Just remember CASH ONLY.

• Visited July 2013
St. John's, Canada
“It was OK, but I don't see what all the buzz is about.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The food was certainly well prepared and tasty, however I would describe the atmosphere as cluttered and rushed, as opposed to cozy. I had the French onion soup, and the broth had super flavour, but seemed to be lacking in croutons.As I only wanted a light lunch, I just ordered the soup. but some biscuits or a roll on the side would have helped. I wouldn't have minded paying extra, just wish I had the option.

My main beef is the cash only payment option. I don't know the reason for this, but it is certainly a pain in the hospitality industry. There is not even an ATM nearby. |As it happened, both my friend and I had cash on us, but that was luck.

Service was rushed but good. The rush an clutter did not convey a relaxing atmosphere.

St. John's, Canada
“In one word - Fabulous!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent experience at Gracie Joe's. I'm not sure how one could deem it expensive - that's laughable when you consider the average main course is under 20.00! Maybe restaurants in Winnepeg are giving food away?

Limited menu to be sure, but I'd rather you offer me a small menu and rock the whole thing, rather than a huge menu where everything is so-so. There is enough choice that everyone should be happy. The soups are among the best I've ever had, incuding in Michelin starred establishments. We had the lamb shank and chicken dish, both of which were incredible, and the dessert of apple walnut cake which salted caramel drizzle shoud be illegal. Wine is super cheap, and the service is top notch. Our entire meal, with 3 courses each, was under 80.00. We didn't have wine with our meal, but for the price, Gracie Joe's delivered and then some.

We returned 2 weeks later for brunch and really enjoyed that too. 3 people, 50.00. Cheaper than Cora's, and oh so much better.

Yes, the place is tiny, Yes, they only take cash. And you know what? They are kicking the butts of the so-called called fine dining restaurants in St. John's, many of whom have just stopped trying. I'll take Gracie over some of the "finer dining" options in St. John's any day. The state of fine dining in this town is sad. Gracie gives me hope!

Go here - you will LOVE it. :o)

• Visited July 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Expensive & Tasteless”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped in for lunch. My cousin ordered French Onion soup ($8) which was sweet - very strange. I had the Curry Vegetable soup ($7) which was fairly tasteless until I added a ton of salt. I saw the piz
za go by and it looked good but our choices were less than acceptable especially at those prices!