“Awesome comedy, even better food!”

Yuk Yuk's St. John's
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is the best Yuk Yuk's club I have been to in the country. It's modern, clean and the seating is done so there is literally not a bad seat in the house. Staff is friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend going early for dinner so you can really enjoy what the chef has to offer. The food has never been a disappointment. Always fresh and creative. Try the mac and cheese or the daily nacho special. YUM!

1  Thank Kristen S

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I loved the seating of Yuk-Yuk's/Uptown Restaurant which was a nice change to the usual comedy club where they shove as many people in as they can and the chairs are usually uncomfortable. We had plenty of room at Yuk-Yuk's and the tables are set up so patrons can eat and enjoy the show. We had a small tea candle on our table so we could see when the lights went dark for the show.

The service was pretty good considering it was a full house but I didn't like how they only allowed patrons who made reservations for meals to be served first and it wasn't made clear to us when we bought the tickets how this all worked. They do have a bar menu which is mostly unhealthy food like wings, nachos, onion wings, etc but the dinner menu can only be ordered from if you make a reservation for dinner which seems odd considering everyone has to be there at the same time: 7:30 p.m. (even though the show starts at 8:30 p.m.)

I picked up my tickets during the week so I wouldn't have to wait in the line when we got there but there was no line and we were so bored waiting since we weren't allowed to order until the patrons who ordered from the dinner menu had their meals served. It's kind of silly. They need a better system than this.

I ordered the macaroni and cheese which was neither edible nor macaroni. It was shells with potato chips, mushrooms and a very strange cheese that didn't taste very good. I have a motto that even bad macaroni and cheese is still better than most meals, but not in this case. It was horrible. So eat before the show and save yourself the money and disappointment.

I did not like the loud techno music played in the restaurant/comedy club as it was much too loud and annoying so they should play something else or reduce the volume. Once the show started we were impressed with the quality of comedians especially for a smaller area like St. John's. The show and the club however, were great and highly recommended. I've been to a lot of comedy clubs and this by far, was one of the best. They are very good about getting people in but out is a different story since it was tough since the crowd for the 10:30 p.m. show was blocking the one entrance/exit -- a big fire hazard if you ask me.

1  Thank BloatedBelly
Reviewed September 18, 2012

All I need to say is it was "Great" Yuk Yuks has opened their restaurant for regular lunch and dinners. The restaurant is called Uptown which I have to say is very fitting based on location and the fact many people are tired of the "downtown" scene.

We were welcomed over the phone for our dinner reservations and greeted with enthusiasm at the door upon arrival. I understand they have a full on Chef running the kitchen and the food was delicious. With a few drinks to polish off the night and a full house all laughing we had all we could to to contain our selves.

I will be back and recomend you to all of our friends. This must be St.John's beat kept secret.

1  Thank Plicker306
Reviewed May 21, 2012

There is nothing like sitting down in a comfy chair with a drink in-hand and letting someone make you laugh for a couple of hours...and, if you choose the correct night and a good comic, then you've got a great night in store.
However, their kitchen is much more hit-or-miss than their comedians. The french onion soup is yummy and the pub food seems to be all good and reasonably quick. The meals are another matter though. Mixed up dishes, sauce that made the meal unpalatable...still wating for our first course after the show has started...just a nightmare.

I've sworn that I won't go back for supper. But a plate of nachos and a girlie drink definitely make a good night.

1  Thank ttbnf