Sure, there are the plastic plants, peeling wallpaper, and lit christmas tree, but the service was fine. Scrambled eggs were on a warmer along with bacon. There was not a great choice in the dry cereals, but my wife ask for oatmeal, and they cheerfully made it special for both of us.
We were on the second floor in #4, and it was spacious. Everything was clean--we stayed two nights.
They gave us a combination to the back door via email because we arrived around midnight. No problem getting in and getting to bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn, spa, Heritage Structure, National Historic Site, and one of the most recognized (and recognizable) inns in St. John's, NL. Welcome to Winterholme. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winterholme Hotel St. John`s
- Winterholme Suites And Spa
- Winterholme Suites & Spa Newfoundland, Canada