“The best seafood linguine ever!”
Review of Humphry's Restaurant and Pub - CLOSED

Humphry's Restaurant and Pub
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stumbled on Humphry's and boy were we glad we did. The service was friendly, the food was excellent.

I had the seafood linguine (scallops, shrimp, cod and salmon in a rosé sauce) and it certainly didn't disappoint, It was [in fact] about the best I have ever had. Huge chunks of all the seafood did nothing but enhance the experience.

My travel companion had the pan fried salmon and she said it was delicious, It came with roasted fingerling potatoes, a generous serving of grilled mixed peppers and steamed rapini.

The waitress was very friendly and attentive, but not overly so - just the exact right amount of attention.

Would highly recommend Humphry's to all.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This little place across the street from the Delta looked like it simply takes advantage of people from out of town who don't dare venture further downtown. Based on the TripAdvisor reviews, I decided it was worth a try -- no regrets! Travelling alone, I took a book and chose a seat near the window to watch the traffic go by. Instead, I was invited to join the group at the next table and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening meeting new people. I had cod bites and the local beer -- both excellent. The service was fast and friendly. Looking forward to going back to try the rest of the menu.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We weren't expecting much from Humphrey's Bar & Restaurant in St. John's, but to be honest, it was one of the best meals I've had in Newfoundland. The atmosphere is casual and they have a TV in the front by the bar. We had a wonderful waitress who was very attentive, efficient and friendly. The menu is large and varied so it was easy to find something for everyone in our party to eat.

I had the million dollar mac and cheese (it's really penne instead of macaroni) and asked for it without the bacon on top which they did no problem. It was creamy and delicious -- the perfect meal on a chilly day. It came with a side salad which was more of a meal and I had my choice between salads (they have several different types on the menu including garden, Caesar, and spinach). The garden salad was abundant and full of things like goat cheese, candied walnuts, peppers, tomato, cucumber, carrots and green -- which you'd never find in any other side salad. The salad itself could have been my meal but with the mac and cheese, it was more than a meal so I was happy to share.

My spouse had the Balsamic Chicken Carbonara Linguine and enjoyed it as well. I didn't have any but it looked delicious. That entree consists of chicken, mushrooms, bacon, scallions, sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers and linguine in a white wine cream sauce.

I would definitely go back to Humphry's and try other things on their menu as it all looks delicious.

1  Thank BloatedBelly
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had 2 events at Humphrys for a conference put on at the Delta hotel across the street. First, it's very convenient to get to! It doesn't look great from the outside, but the fun is inside! Our first nite was a dinner upstairs, which featured some really great food! the next nite was a 'screech in' for the group, which was a blast. Highly recommended for a great time!

Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten here numerous times but after my latest experience I need I write a warning. I've not been disappointed by the food, not fantastic, but good. There are certainly better options in the downtown st johns area. Instead my warning is about the service. During each visit the same waitress (part owner I believe which makes his even worse) has become less and less interested in customer service. Please don't throw me use at me, please don't reach across my face, and most definitely please don't serve / retrieve plates over my head! I kid you not, I experienced all! And the piece de resistance, hitting customers with a menu and berating them when they ask you to repeat the soup of the day again? Apparently my suggestion not to hit your customers was received as a joke rather than taken seriously as I intended it. Beware if you chose to eat here!

1  Thank AmesK8