“super lunch spot”

Rocket Bakery and Fresh Food
Ranked #4 of 388 Restaurants in St. John's
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food offers scrumptious, made-from-scratch handmade breads, desserts, prepared hot and cold specialties, excellent coffee and food-lover groceries in a warm, casual, heritage space at 272 Water Street in downtown St. John's. Try our no-flour-added soups, salads and desserts, too!
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food is always fresh and well prepared. Very good value. Nice atmosphere. The service is friendly. Good coffee. In house bakery.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Was in town for business for 3 days and stumbled upon Rocket Bakery and I'm so glad I did! Wonderful vintage decor everywhere, fantastic and friendly staff (from the servers all the way up to the owner), and great bang for your buck. Fantastic place for lunch and coffee.

During my 3 days in st johns I visited Rocket 6 times, mainly for the cappuccinos. I spend a lot of time traveling for work and Rocket easily offered me the best cappuccino I've ever had. Was very pleased to see Phil & Sebastian Coffee being offered but was even more pleased to see a knowledgeable and passionate barista staff that truly cared about the product they were serving. A Bearded Barista even gave me a little history lesson on the farmer that grew the coffee - Very cool.
Can't wait to make it back to St Johns!

4  Thank tomobrien52
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I went to the Rocket for lunch while on business in St. John's. When I arrived, there was a fairly long lineup, but I decided to stick around anyway and I'm glad I did. Though long, the staff was working quickly and the line moved along at a good speed. I had a sandwich with a side salad, and both were very good. The service was polite and the food was good. What else do you need for a lunch spot?

The only downside I found, which is not reflected in my review, is the price of the t-shirts. I like to buy unique shirts for my kids when I travel on business, and I thought the Rocket shirts were quite nice. When I picked one up though, I saw that the cotton quality was quite low. The shirts are thin, and I could see my fingers through one layer of material. The price was $25. Wow, a bit much for a low-end t-shirt. I'd have payed $12-15, but not $25, especially for a kid-sized shirt. By comparison, I got a St. John's IceCaps shirt just down the street. It's much heavier cotton and it was $23. Rocket Bakery, your shirts have a nice design, but the price is pretty insulting.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stopped in here the other day for breakfast and felt like being a bit decadent. So I ordered a coffee and then picked up an almond crouissant. Well let me tell you, besides the crouissant my friend brought me back from France one time, this was by far the best one I've ever had!!

1  Thank Melissa U
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Loved the vibe. Much like St.John's this place has old town charm! Great treats and all sorts of hot drink choices

2  Thank Thetravellinman12