“Dependable Perfection with Non Pretentious Food and Service”
Review of Chinched Bistro

Chinched Bistro
Ranked #23 of 373 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Chinched Bistro offers a creative dining experience with a focus on hand crafted gourmet food prepared with traditional preservation techniques, sustainable methods and whole animal butchery. Attention to detail, casual atmosphere, thoughtful wine and drink lists and creative menu offerings are prepared and executed by a very dedicated team at Chinched.
St. John's, NL
“Dependable Perfection with Non Pretentious Food and Service”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Yes, a rare find..
From yummy breads and butter to begin ...
Always creative offering with amazing tastes.
After a busy work day, a perfect day ending of food and ambiance, perfect to spend with a great friend.
Chinched you so have it right.. thank you.

• Visited March 2014

St. John's, Canada
“My topnotch for an incredible night out”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Thank you again for such an amazing meal! Your delicious food is always matched by your friendly service. You guys always make us feel welcomed and special. Though we like to venture and try new restaurants, you guys are consistently our rock for an unforgettable experience. I can't get over how delicious that braised lamb was. By far one of the best things I've eaten in my life! Who knew you could tenderize so much flavor into a piece of meat. I'm still licking the stain I got on my shirt. Partly my fault for being so eager and partly your fault for making a braising liquid so tasty you could put it on an old boot and I'd ask for seconds. Thanks again and I can't wait to see you guys soon!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Matt S
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent restaurant in downtown St. John's”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Chinched was recommended to us by a friend--We made reservations through email and Michelle was responsive and courteous. She also called and left a message on my cellphone to confirm my reservation, which many places do not do anymore and it was much appreciated. The location was super convenient as we were staying at a nearby hotel and it was just a short walk away. We were seated by the window and I enjoyed the privacy that we had while dining. Food was super fresh and tasty... we loved the presentation (some dishes were almost too pretty to eat) and the service was attentive and impeccable. This is a cozy restaurant (and popular, based on how busy it became while we were there in the middle of the week) and I would highly recommend you make a reservation if you want to dine here! Would definitely come back if we are ever in St. John's again.

• Visited September 2013
Gander, Canada
“Consistently awesome!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I just finished my third visit to Chinched and have become an avid fan of the place! It has an unfussy, comfortable feel with friendly and super-attentive staff. But the food is the star - it's creative, innovative and always flavorful. It's exciting to wait for each next dish coming, just so you can see what twist they've put on things. Most of all, every bite we've had has been perfectly balanced in seasoning. Presentations are attractive and appealing. The charcuterie deserves special mention, simply because that's such an art in itself. I like that you can order split or full portions of some dishes - this allows room for trying more things! It's a fantastic restaurant and I routinely recommend it to people as a must-try. I can't wait for next time!

• Visited November 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“My go-to St. John's resto”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I travel throughout eastern Canada and the US, and dine out on a regular basis. Chinched has such a refreshing vibe that whenever I'm in the city, I always make a point of coming here. Owners and staff are very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and want to ensure you have a good dining experience. The menu changes often, so I get to experience lots of great tasting and inventive dishes. House made charcuterie, bread, ingredients locally sourced whenever possible. All at very reasonable prices. I usually dine at the bar and have the 'Bar Menu'. tonight was no exception- too many great dishes, but, LOVED the crispy soft boiled egg w/trout roe. Add this to your list, you'll not be disappointed!

• Visited November 2013