“I lived there - I loved it!”
Review of George Street

George Street
Ranked #7 of 93 things to do in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: The entertainment center of St. John's, offering events, nightlife and shopping.
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I lived there - I loved it!”
Reviewed November 20, 2006

Newfoundland is one of the most beautiful places to visit, live, raise a family. We have extraordinary landmarks, parks, ski resorts... it isn't so metro as other places - no theme parks, high cost tourist traps, just downhome, homemade, friendly, delicious food, great people,......the only thing that is sad is the fact that they lost their fishing industry and it has become somewhat of a poor place to live - however, we have no homeless people wandering the streets - nobody goes hungry. It's really fascinating to experience family/friends whether you're a part of it or a visitor - you will be welcome there.

9 Thank DeeChurchill

A TripAdvisor Member
“A fantasy land for young and old”
Reviewed October 3, 2002

For anyone reading this who hasn't been to George Street, my heart goes out to you.
I mean one street of nothing but pubs, dance clubs and the best sausage dogs you have ever had. Marti Gras is on the way and I've got my costume in the works (sexy Snow White).
So get on the friggin'go and come for a party on George.

23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member