“Yeah...it was OK”
Review of George Street

George Street
Ranked #9 of 97 things to do in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: The entertainment center of St. John's, offering events, nightlife and shopping.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

During the day George Street was closed and was pretty grungy, smelling of urine and stale tabacco/dirt. At night most of this is not so present. Dance music competes with more middle of the road as you traverse the street, but did not find it interfered with what you where listening to once inside.

I paid CAD$11 for a double Skreetch (Rum) which felt a bit pricey.

Overall, it was an OK experience.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I thought it would be bigger... but for what it is, it's very good. Some friends showed us around and took us to the cool little places. We had a few drinks and a lot of fun.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Oh what a night!!!! Great food, great entertainment, fabulous atmosphere....and the joy of becoming a "screeched in" Newfie. Boy do these people know how to party!!!! Do not miss a night out in O'Reilly's!!!!!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Took my son with me to try out George Street in St. John's , NL. My oldest son was on HMCS Charlottetown and coming into St. John's for a weekend stay before heading back to Halifax. Since he's been away since January 2012 we thought it would be a nice surprise. Friday night was fun for the three of us and the bars and locals were excellent , but on Saturday night my younger son was walking back to the hotel with a friend and was confronted by a couple who wanted my son's jewelery. When my son refused to hand over the jewelery he was punched and kicked. The best part....the POLICE sat in their car and watched the whole thing and did absolutely NOTHING! So Newfoundland is not as friendly as we thought!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Worth the visit. This street is happening every night. Great music and people everywhere. Oh to be young again