“Local charm and outstanding service”
Review of Balmoral Inn

Balmoral Inn
Ranked #11 of 25 St. John's B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The Balmoral is located within walking distance of downtown St. John's, Signal Hill, Quidi Vidi lake (Regatta) and everything that this wonderful city has to offer ( pubs, restaurants, art galleries). The rooms are clean and spacious. There's cable tv in each room. Each room has its own private bathroom. The varied breakfast menu items are fresh and easily prepared in the modern kitchen. The quality of the service and the hospitality of the owners is what makes me want to return every time I visit!
Before booking a hotel room, consider what the Balmoral offers; an opportunity to live like at home!

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank Nick M

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed in the GROUND floor private suite for five nights. Entrance was down five dirty steps, a cleaner landing then into the suite, down two more steps. The window was street level and the owners call this ground floor? Definitely not where we come from. The suite itself is very well appointed and decorated. Kept very clean but does not include breakfast. Owner explained when I questioned this " we only have eight chairs". A parking permit is included for on street parking, very helpful.The location on Queen's Road is with-in walking distance of all down town attractions, including The Rooms, Soeby's and a liquour store. St John's is a beautiful city and it's people so welcoming and friendly. This is a good apartment if you are on business or otherwise but do not expect the traditional B&B experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lakehuronsunsets
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My first time experiencing a bed and breakfast and I really enjoyed it. I stayed in one of the top floor rooms and it was nicely furnished with a very comfy bed. I was here on business meetings and so I was up very early each morning and I was able to get breakfast at my own time which was great. It is a very old building but it has all the modern amenities that you would expect from a major hotel. I really liked it and would love to come back again sometime. Thanks Kim and David for a lovely stay!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
17  Thank Peanuts12345
Reviewed June 4, 2011

This was a great choice for me. I was here on a conference and only had a short walk to the convention center each morning. My room was very clean and I had a beautiful view of the harbor. I would love to come back when the weather is warmer. The owners were very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011
14  Thank Mango7777
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Really enjoyed my stay at this inn. Just loved the view from my room. I was here on a conference and it was just a few minutes from the convention center. I will difinatly come back again in the summer to enjoy a little site seeing.

• Stayed: May 2011
9  Thank Mango7777
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Can't imagine a better location in the downtown. If you like privacy and quiet then this place is your ticket. Met the owners' children one day. The little girl is beyond beautiful and the son has brighter teeth than a movie star.

Room Tip: Front rooms have great views.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
12  Thank Ralph_BMississauga
Reviewed April 13, 2011

This is my first time staying in a Bed and Breakfast and I must say I am impressed. My company couldn't find a hotel so they booked me in Balmoral. My work is located in the downtown area so it was only a couple minutes walk to where I had to be in the morning. They have all the amenities that a hotel would have but its much more comfortable than a hotel. I love the view from my room as well I have a fire place. Next time I will be bringing my wife. She would love the decor and the art work. I'm still here until tomorrow and then back home.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business