Quality Hotel Harbourview
$135
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$101
Courtyard by Marriott St. John's Newfoundland(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$158
$87
$118
$112
Hotels.com
Super 8 St Johns(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$86
Orbitz.com
JAG(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewssignal hillgreat locationgeorge streetharbour viewbusy harbourdowntown stwater streetrestaurant downstairswithin walking distancewould stay here againterry foxstayed here for two nightsdowntown hotelfront desk staffbit datedcheck in was easyfitness room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I always enjoy my stay at the Quality Hotel Harbourview with the great view of the harbor, friendly staff and convenient location to walk to restaurants downtown. Nice to be able to go for a walk to Signal Hill or use the gym on days when it rains.

Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank IslandgirlEMT
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very clean Hotel, very helpful staff, elevators, Great restaurant located in the Hotel, food was great, and the vies of the Narrows, Signal hill and St. Johns Harbour were the best. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 911Stjohnsgirl
Reviewed June 10, 2012

While we started our vacation with three days at a less-than-stellar hotel in the area, we returned for three nights at the end of vacation. Our room was clean, our beds were comfortable, the view of the harbour was magnificent and exciting as we went from clear to "pea soup" and back to fog. Service at the front desk was prompt and efficient. Our dining room waitress for a quick lunch and two breakfasts was charming, prompt and helpful. What a delight to fell clean and fresh. We'll definitely book again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the harbour; better than tv.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bob P
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel is just ok. Rooms were clean, a little small, check in staff was great, the so called fitness facility is a joke. The Location is pretty good, $7 cab ride to george street and restaurants, bars ,etc.. There are better places to stay in the down town part of the city for basically the same amount or $20 more

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeepmancrd
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I recently stayed here for 4 nights and was very pleased with the accommodations. I booked over the phone a few weeks ahead and got a good price compared to the other hotels in the area. Check in and check out were both quick and trouble free, and requests were accommodated.

I was on the top floor (not facing the harbour unfortunately). I never had an issue with noise at any time. The room was nice - bedding was attractive, and it was nice to come home to a tidy room thanks to housekeeping. Wifi worked well and there were plenty of channels on TV. I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel and unfortunately didn't make time for the fitness room (though I was glad to have the option).

I thought this location was superb. You can catch a glimpse of the harbour while waiting for your elevator, and the view from the restaurant is pretty great. It was only a 10-15 minute walk to Signal Hill which I highly recommend. Many lovely shops and restaurants were very near by. It was handy to everything I wanted to do downtown.

I only had brief experiences at the restaurant for breakfast but the service was good - very fast. The food was very nice but it did seem a bit pricey. I was surprised at how busy the restaurant looked at night - it looks to be a popular place to eat even for those who are not staying at the hotel.

The only place I could think of for realistic improvement would be the bathroom. The towels could use an upgrade - if you like to have nice towels you might want to bring your own. The toilet was also not very powerful. However, the bathroom was nice overall and the tub/shower provided strong hot water.

All in all, for the price of the room it was certainly better than expected and the great location and good service can make up for the shortcomings.

Room Tip: definitely request the harbour side, I think it would have been nice! Top floor was good - quiet - and elevators were fast.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business