“Awesome as Usual!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in St. John's
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stay at the Delta St. John's as often as possible. We were there this past Saturday night and it was fantastic once again. The hotel is conveniently located next to downtown. The building is very well kept and has everything we need. The staff, however, is what makes this hotel what it is. Everyone is so pleasant and helpful. We both commented that the housekeeping staff, a group that usually only gets noticed when something goes wrong, must be great. Our rooms are always immaculately done with no detail missed. We are headed back there in April and can't wait!
Cindy & Lorne Green

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
DeltaManagement, Management at Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us and the readers of Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed along your comments to the entire team here at the Delta St. John's as feedback such as your is very uplifting. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next month.

Management and Staff of the Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre

Reviewed February 4, 2010

We came to Newfoundland to visit family and see downtown of course!!!!! We wanted to have some fun and stay in a close hotel so we could walk home!!! The Delta was perfect! Excellent decor, super friendly staff I felt like I was family they were so nice! My hubby I think had a little too much fun and was pretty hungover the next morning, the house keeping staff brought him up a fan and let me go downstairs to check us in another night. When he came out we and the house keeping were all joking around it just felt very homey and very welcoming. I have told everybody that is going to Newfoundland to stay here. The only down fall is is that I now compare all hotels to this experience and none of added up to this one!!! I cant wait to stay here again!!!! This is number 1 on my list!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
DeltaManagement, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2010

Good morning!
We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We certainly do pride ourselves on our friendly staff as they do go above and beyond to make all of our guests feel welcome and at home. We want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit to St. John's.
PS, don't be too hard on the other hotels you visit :)

Cheers
Staff and Management

Reviewed December 30, 2009

The Hotel is ideally located close to the heart of St Johns , night life shopping and banks within walking distance. Stunning views of the Harbour and Signal Hill from rooms at the front of the Hotel, rooms at the back look out on a residental area. Free car parking beside the Hotel , very friendly helpful staff. Guest rooms big clean and beds comfortable
Dislike: Main Courtyard very small although is sheltered

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
DeltaManagement, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2010

Dear MickserIreland,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Delta St. John's Hotel. We appreciate your business and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the many readers of TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon.

Regards
Management and Staff, Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre

Reviewed December 29, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and have always enjoyed my stay. The staff are always friendly and the rooms are (especially by European standards) of a good size.

The hotel is also really well situated, it is only a few minutes walk form lots of bars and restaurants - St Johns is a really good night out!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
DeltaManagement, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2010

Dear Greenie773,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the readers of TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta St. John's.

Management

Reviewed November 30, 2009

I stayed three nights at this hotel on a business trip. It's conveniently located downtown, at a walking distance from everything. Check-in staff is very friendly. There is a gym, the equipments are stationary bikes (in need of maintenance), elliptic, rowing machine, treadmills. There are free weights. Locker room is clean. My room was on the 10th floor and very quiet. Furniture was nice and the mattress was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and spacious. The shower was great. You don't have to wait forever for the elevator.
We had the breakfast buffet one morning at their restaurant. The food was just horrible, apart from the custom-made omelet that was barely ok. The rolls were dry, the fruits did not look fresh, the cod was too salty, the sausages were dry and did not look fresh. Food temperature was lukewarm. At a price of about $20 per person, it's a rip-off.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
DeltaManagement, Guest Serices Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2010

Good afternoon Steffie22

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Delta St. John's. With regards to your concerns about the quality of the food, I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef so that he can address with his kitchen brigade. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards
Management

Reviewed October 28, 2009

I checked out of the Sheraton and into the Delta. The location is really good and service was great as well. The food was horrible and the rooms need updating. My bed was creaky and in need of replacement. If you took the bed from the Sheraton and the service at the Delta, you would have a first rate hotel that serves horrible food. Just like the Sheraton, the club lounge does not have a free cocktail hour, you have to pay separately. No big deal, just different from the rest of the world.

Most of my complaints are on the billing side. The Delta re-ran my credit card twice after I had paid and checked out. I was alerted by my credit card company and called the manager. I gave the manager the details and he said he would call me back with an explanation. I am still waiting on the call back….

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
DeltaManagement, Management at Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2009

Dear OleMissTraveler,
I would like to thank you for bringing your billing concern to our attention. As per our separate correspondence, this has been explained and rectified. Thank you for sharing your feedback and most of all thank you for your business. We do hope that you choose to stay with us again upon your next visit to St. John's.
Management of Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre

Reviewed October 8, 2009

There aren't many hotels in St. John's, so the average price for a regular room is a bit expensive in my opinion. The Delta is a nice hotel, in a geat location. It is within walking distance of Water Street (the main street downtown) and the harbour, as well as restaurants, the convention centre and just a short cab ride to all of the city's major attractions.

The hotel itself is nice. It looks contemporary, the rooms are spacious and clean, and all of the staff seem nice and helpfull. Room service is very quick, the food is above average, and the bell hops are very helpful when deciding on travel destinations.

The room is well appointed. We had a large bathroom with shower/tub, a king bed, mini-fridge, a small sitting area, desk and free internet. For the business traveller, the room is superb.

Some annoyances: the pillows are huge, and I found it difficult to get comfortable with them. The toilet would make a noise for a very long time before quieting. I found the resturant to be ogood but over priced.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
DeltaManagement, Management at Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2009

Dear Chubrock74,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and your stay. Hopefully we will see you back in St. John's soon.

Management of Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre