Delta Hotels St. John's Conference Centre
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$101
Courtyard by Marriott St. John's Newfoundland(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$158
$134
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Airport(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$86
$134
$87
$118
$112
Super 8 St Johns(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$86
JAG(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
  • Restaurant
All reviewsunderground parkingcorner roombusiness travelharbour viewlocation is greatbit datedcomfortable bedsignal hilljohn's newfoundlandmini fridgedowntown areadowntown coremickeypedwaystelevatorgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The Delta is your typical conference hotel although this one is definitely showing it's age. Once the new convention center is finished, perhaps the hotel could be refurbished as it is due. The front desk staff are wonderful - very friendly and helpful. The lobby is interesting with the glass roof giving it an open feel. The rooms are tired and although the bathrooms have been updated, the rooms themselves could use some work. The restaurant was likely the worst service I've experienced - only 4 tables occupied however I stood for 7 minutes (I timed it!) before being seated and then it only happened when I chanced to catch the lone waitress as she was rushing by and asked if I could choose my own table - very understaffed. Overall it is ok but wouldn't be my first choice for a return visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
deltanl, Manager at Delta Hotels St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre and for your kind comments about our front desk team. Our hotel is scheduled to begin extensive renovations this year and for the next three years which will indeed coincide for the re-opening of the expanded convention centre. Please accept our apologies for the poor service received in the restaurant. This has been sent to our restaurant management team for review

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We did several trips to St. John's last year and it was always difficult to find hotels. If you are going there and are able to book this Delta, do it. It's a nice place to spend the night and centrally located so you can walk (in the rain) to pretty well whatever you want to do.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
deltanl, Manager at Delta Hotels St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel. We are pleased you found us to be nice place to stay. We are indeed centrally located and as an added bonus, we do offer umbrellas for those walks in the rain.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Rooms are a bit dated, but comfortable.
Staff are very cheerful, but some appear to be more willing to chat (to improve the tip) than actually give a good service.
Food is dismal - will not eat here again, for the duration of my stay, if I can avoid it.
The menu looks reasonable, if a bit generic, but the food quality is so poor. Breakfast buffet should be abandoned unless Hotel is really busy - because food on it is more sustenance than pleasure. Have found a nice restaurant which serves and excellent breakfast for same price as the Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
deltanl, Manager at Delta Hotels St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference. We are pleased to advise that the hotel will be undergoing renovations beginning in the new year. We are sorry that you were not pleased with our food quality. Your comments will be reviewed with our culinary management team

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My friend and I had an amazing service experience (bad amazing) and with so many great places to eat, I felt I had to highlight this negative one. We arrived after 10 am on Saturday to notice every table had dirty plates on it. One table for two was cleaned for us. We left after 12 noon because we were having a great chat. Our server let us know right away the service would be sub-standard. He said this was not his usual shift, he had no training and they were short staffed. Indeed. We saw the buffet get replenished once when fresh breakfast meats were brought in. The server brought us our coffee and tea and did not ask in two hours if we wanted more. The second and last visit was to bring us large glasses and ice. Get ready for the next bit - the omelette station was usually without a staff person, but when a chef showed up around 11 I got a veg omelette. He had no plates. I brought him a dozen plates from the other side of the buffet. I found tea cups for my friend and I to drink the water and juice I found in the server station. We drank water and juice from tea cups. My friend suggested we eat there and he was embarrassed at the recommendation. It was an experience and all I could do was laugh and be amazed. I would expect this at a 1 or 2 star, but never a Delta. Other small points - two staff talked about how busy it was. Not while we were there. And still a sea of dirty tables. And another staffer complained to another table how poor the set up was and they need to complain to their manager. Is there anything worse than overhearing staff complain - while surrounded by their poor service? Burn out? No pride? Poor training? Take your $17.50 buffet price and go to Gracie Joe's on Quidi Vidi Rd. A well-oiled restaurant machine with sweet staff and amazing food and coffee and peanut infused hot chocolate. See you at a fundraiser Delta - never on my own for sure. Sheraton's bivver and Opidan are miles above.

Room Tip: Did not stay in a room and cannot comment. Probably a harbour view would be preferred in our beautiful city with the 500 years of history at our port.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AtlCanTraveller

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel Restaurant. We have reviewed and discussed your experience with the server who was on duty who regrets the manner in which he handled the frustrating situation. I must advise that you were not attending our festive lunch buffet as you indicated but our usual breakfast buffet. On that particular day, the restaurant was short staffed due to multiple sick calls. We regret that it resulted in a poor experience for you and your guest. Contacting us directly would have resulted in suitable compensation. We certainly hope you will consider giving us another try in the future

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Beware people, my wife and I attended a large Christmas function at the convention centre last night and need I say the food was bad, real bad, started with something on a plate called a salad, it was about ten little pieces of spinach with 4 berries laid on it. Looked and tast like something a 4 year old would make, the main meal was suppose to be Turkey supper. Remember yrs ago when you could buy the turkey in a bag and all you had to do was boil it and it came with its own gravey, well that's what they served, along with cold cold carrots and poorly made mashed potatoes, no flavour or seasoning at all, and dessert was frozen chees cake. There were guest there from all over the world and we served them this crap, sad. Very poorly done by the person in charge of the kitchen....I really can't call them a chef.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank farmeral69
deltanl, Manager at Delta Hotels St. John's Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

We are sorry you did not enjoy your meal at the convention centre during your recent holiday event. I can assure you that turkey dinner which is served at many holiday functions is not processed or boiled in a bag. All turkeys are cut from the bone and prepared in customary fashion. The menu itself would have been chosen and approved by your event organizer and not by our chef. It is unfortunate indeed that we did not meet your expectations.