“Friendly but needs to step it up”

Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
Summerside, Canada
“Friendly but needs to step it up”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The location is great as it is just a short walk away from downtown and within walking distance of Signal Hill. The hotel staff are friendly but the attention to details is just a bit slack. For example, I got a wake-up call I did not book, my room service breakfast was missing the orange juice and the paper..... The rooms are comfortable but a bit tired and worn. I have stayed here before and would do so again but for the cost I am disappointed!

Room Tip: I have a room with city view on the 5th floor. I can see a bit of the water and the room is quiet al...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
deltanl, General Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Katherine

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel & Conference Centre. I would like to apologize for the obvious lack of attention to detail that you encountered during your stay and we certainly appreciate your willingness to continue to patronize our hotel. We would be happy to provide a complimentary upgrade on your next stay if you would like to contact me directly. I am pleased to advise that renovations to our guestrooms will commence in early 2014.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is right downtown, a bit tired in decor but convenient, set up of meeting rooms very good, larger convention style halls are a good hike across the street via a covered bridge - a bit far , but overall good experience

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Our location is ideally situated for conventions and we are pleased to report that with the upcoming convention centre expansion, a new and more direct link to the Delta will be constructed. In addition, renovations to our guestrooms will begin once again early next year (2014)
Calgary
Reviewed May 1, 2013

As a family of five we did have to book two rooms which was a little pricey and my Delta Priveldge card would not credit both rooms. The kids enjoyed the pool, George street was a few monutes walk and many restaurants to eat at if you did not want to eat at the hotel. The breakfast was not included which was sad after paying $550.00 per night for 3 nights. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I do hope that your family enjoyed your time in our hotel. Our policy is that if a DP member books a second room for use by their family, then they do indeed get credited for that room. If you would like to contact me directly so this can be rectified, please do so anytime.
We hope you will consider us again in your travel plans
Riverview, NB
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed one night and it's still a good choice for downtown, however the competition is heating up with newer hotels in vicinity. Room was fine although the shower ran hot-cold briefly, which was annoying. Restaurant is a bit pricey if you wish to stay in, but there are good restaurants nearby, so lots of options. A Tim Hortons coffee shop through the pedway is very convienient and economical. Staff are always helpful and pleasant. Unfortunately, a big new building is blocking the former beautiful view of the harbor, so disappointing surprise. I guess it's the price of progress and oil money. It used to be my favourite hotel and I'd stay there again because it's a nice hotel and good location, but might look at other options in future.

Room Tip: Top floors, harbour view, is best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and find it always to be clean, the hotel staff to be courteous, and it has all the ammenities. a safe bet when in St. John's. Centrally located to the Arena, George Street, restaurants and shopping, as well as the harbor.

• Stayed February 2013
deltanl, General Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre and for your favourable comments.
we look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently booked the best hotel room the delta has to offer. Parking cost extra (never heard of that at a hotel) the room for one night cost almost $400. When I got to the room the bar fridge was broke the shower head was spraying water everywhere (roof, wall, curtain). I got woke up in the middle of the night to a phone call asking if I was using the jacuzzi (which I wasn't, I was trying to sleep). The following morning I checked out and nothing was said to me however when I got home I looked at my credit card and I seem additional charges from the delta for "water damage". I never caused any water damage. They never even told me there was an issue. Do t stay here take your lonely elsewhere not worth the price of it at all!

• Stayed April 2013
halifax, ns
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good location right downtown which is close to most business locations. This hotel is probably the most popular among business travellers and is very busy so book ahead. They provide free undergroung parking and have a nice gym and pool area.

The rooms are average, some tired but there is a newer section that has more modern appointed rooms.

Restaurant on site which is good but like most hotels restaurants- overpriced. The staff here are genuinely pleasant and interested in making your stay enjoable.

I've not stayed at any other than the Holiday Inn and would say you are better off here simply because of location and this could be considered a little nicer than the HI.

I would prefer a Hampton Inn when travelling but to date there is not one in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a new section room if that is important to you or ask for Delta Privilege club which is a sp...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
deltanl, General Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review of the Delta St. John's Hotel & Conference. I hope that future travellers will find it helpful. We are indeed the most popular hotel for business travellers and it is advised to book early for weekday travel. While we provide underground parking, it is not free but rather a $12 per day charge. The guestrooms that you refer to as tired will be completely renovated to the new Delta design beginning in early 2014.
i can also advise that a new Hampton Inn will be opening up in St. John's in the next 6 months, but it will be quite a distance from the downtown area.
We hope you will consider choosing the Delta St. John's again in the future.