“Good Location/View”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good Location/View”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel is conviently located near George St (bar district) and the warf where most of the good restaurants are for downtown. I had a water view room with that overlooked the harbor and was quite pleased with the bed and furnishings. Breakfast the next morning was slow but that was unusual compared to the other times I've stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
deltanl, Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's following your recent stay. We are glad that you were pleased with the accommodations and apologize that the breakfast service was unusually tardy. We look forward to offering you proper service standards when next you return to the Delta St. John's Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Clarenville, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We recently stayed at the Delta Hotel when we went to St. John's to watch a show. I always liked the Delta, the hotel is nice and clean and the staff are friendly and efficient. We had a deluxe king-size bed room and it was wonderful! The room was beautifully furnished and clean, the view of the harbor was really nice and the floor to ceiling windows along with the corner location really highlighted the view. Despite the number of people that checked in for the popular show we went to see, check-in and check-out was quick and the staff were friendly. The Delta has an indoor access to the Mile One Center where the show was which was great and the underground parking at the hotel with easy access to the hotel was also great. Although I did not use the pool or fitness center on this trip, they do have a nice facility from my previous experience. We stopped to the lobby lounge for a drink after the show which was nice, nice relaxing atmosphere there and the bar workers seemed really nice. We would definitely recommend the Delta to anyone.

Room Tip: The deluxe corner rooms are definitely worth the extra price.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's following your recent stay. Our hotel is indeed ideally situated when attending a concert next door at Mile One Centre as there is no need to go outside. We are glad that you were pleased with your accommodations and the service provided by our team. The corner rooms in which you stayed afford a beautiful view of the harbour.
Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta St. John's in the future
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booked this strictly for a place to sleep while exploring the St. John's area. It's your typical chain style hotel, very basic and straight forward. The room was a larger corner room which allowed four people. The location is great as it is right down town withing walking distance of the city core and water front, a short drive from signal hill. Clean and sufficient but nothing special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
deltanl, Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's following your recent stay. Your review will be helpful to future travellers in terms of our location relative to downtown amenities and attractions. We hope you enjoyed your stay and that you would consider staying with us again and perhaps change the opinion that the Delta St. John's is nothing special.
Best Regards
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Delta on Ny Eve as we bought tickets to their NY Eve concert in the ballroom. The concert was awesome and the room was very well set up. We had to line up for drinks but the servers were pretty quick. Had the brunch the next day and the food was great. Our server was also very good, don't remember her name. The beef was the highlight perfectly cooked. A chef named Chris came out to speak with us and made us feel welcome as he thanked us for coming.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel following your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed our New Years Eve festivities and wish to thank you for your kind words about our team, service and in particular our chef Chris.
We hope you will consider joining us again for New Years Eve 2013!
Holyrood, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The reservation process was easy and the front staff were extremely friendly made changes to my room after she had everything done but I had forgot to ask for a Harbour view.

I really liked the linens with a nice fluffy duvet. The carpet appeared worn and the bathroom was a little on the dingy side. The toiletries used to be a lot nicer.

I stopped into the restaurant the next day and ask to have some breakfast sent to the room but the server told me that I would have to go back to my room and call in my order. I would have thought that she would have done more to help me. I did not end up getting breakfast at the hotel.

The checkout was very pleasant and the counter staff were very friendly. On the way to my car I wanted a bottle of water and tried to get one from the vending machine but it was not working although there was no sign indicating that it was out of order (perhaps it broke just before I tried to use it). The staff member at the fitness center noticed that I was trying to get a drink and went in the back to get me one. He took the $5 that I was going to put in the vending machine.

I have stayed at this hotel many times and if you are going to use the amenities such as the pool and fitness area I do not think that it is money well spent. You can get a less expensive room in other hotels that are just as nice or nicer.

Room Tip: I like to get a Harbour view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Krista H
deltanl, Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel & Conference Centre following your recent stay and for your detailed account of your experience with us. From what I can see, we had some hits and misses and we do appreciate the compliments that you paid to our team members who were helpful to you.
As for your experience with not being able to place an order in our restaurant for in room dining, I would like to apologize. I have forwarded your comments to our food and beverage management team for review and follow up.
Should you decide to choose our hotel again when next in the St. John's area, be sure to ask for any specials that may result in a discounted rate or you can sign up for web saver special notifications via e mail. We thank you for staying with us and hope to welcome you back again in the future
Houston, TX
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed at this property on several occasions. The quality is consistent and you know what to expect when you return. The staff is accomadating and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The restaurant is adequate but not very exciting. There are many other choices within walking distance. The morning breakfast buffet is your best bet. Try to get a harbor view room since the other opposite view is a parking lot and dumpster. If you have business at the100 New Gower building, the hotel is connected via a skybridge. This is handy during a storm.

Room Tip: Try to get a harbor view room since the other opposite view is a parking lot and dumpster.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
deltanl, Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's & Conference Centre following your recent stay. We appreciate your continued loyalty and your kind and accurate words about our team and accommodations. Your review will be most helpful for future travellers unfamiliar with our area.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta St. John's
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I travel to St. John's yearly and the Delta is my hotel of choice here. While numerous Delta properties across the country have slipped this property remains a great choice in St. John's.

Excellent location it allows the business traveller easy access to George Street to ex cape the hotel room.

If that's not your desire a more than adequate restaurant and friendly pub are on site.

I especially like the hotel during the Christmas season. The hotel is decorated beautifully.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
deltanl, Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel following your recent stay. We are pleased that you continue to choose Delta when travelling to the St. John's area and appreciate the loyalty shown to us.
Thank you as well for you kind comments regarding our Christmas decorations. These are done in house by three members of our front desk and housekeeping team. They look professionally done, no doubt.
we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Happy Holidays to you and yours