“The best ever!!”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
Waterloo, Canada
“The best ever!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel April this year. The room we had was fabulous as it was a suite that over looked the harbour and Signal Hill. The staff was excellant, courteous and very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Thanks to the staff and the manager Doug Loucks who made us feel welcome during our stay there. I travel a lot when I work and this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I would highly recommend that should anyone have the pleasure of travelling to St Johns, stay at this hotel, you won't be disappointed.

Wayne & Judy

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel and both stays have been consistent. This hotel is a gem for its service standards. Staff seem genuinely happy to be working there and their can do attitude is what sets this hotel apart from others. Of particular note the last day of my stay was a major snow storm and I was not sure if my flight would be leaving. The staff allowed me to keep my room for a much later check out at no charge. This enabled me to get work done on my laptop and monitor the flight situation online. Sometimes it's the little details that go a long way with customers and this impressed me.

This hotel is an older property with 2 sections. I stayed in the older section and the room was still very well appointed and very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The big windows provided great sunlight and view. The bathroom could use some upgrading as the sink counter is very low and showing its wear with cracks. On the food and beverage side I ordered room service several times and each time my order was brought up quickly, and was very good quality. It was always delivered with a smile and genuine friendliness. This hotel is in a great location, close to amenities and restaurants. I enjoyed having dinner on Water Street. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to my next stay next month here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
DeltaHotelSTJ, General Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
I thank you for taking the time to report on our hotel. I could not agree with you more that I'm lucky or privileged to be working with a great bunch of people with a can do attitude. Our team prides itself with that attitude combined with fresh friendly service. The hotel is in a great location and close to all downtown amenities that the city has to offer! We continue to re invest in our rooms and I’m glad that you mentioned the bedding as that has been a recent focus as well as we have just finished replacing all of our carpet and wall vinyl. As for the guest washrooms, yes we have that in our plans to get back into the washrooms to replace the old style counters and sinks in the rooms! Thanks again for staying with us and hope to see you on your next visit!!
Cheers
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2011

The Delta in St. John's is consistently clean. Service is friendly and quick. They seem a bit slow with maintenance, on this particular trip the security latch on the door was broken so you could only lock the door with a deadbolt, and on previous trips here there have been small things needing to be fixed.

Overrall, nice property, good prices in the middle of the city. Room service is very quick and the food is good. Definitely try for a Harbourview Room, this is one hotel / city that this makes a huge difference.

Room Tip: Definitely want a Harbourview Room, on any floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for your review of our hotel! Once again you mentioned our quick and friendly service which is something that you can see we pride ourselves on! Our team values our guest and knows that you have a choice when it comes to hotels, quick and friendly service can make a difference! As for the maintenance responding a little slower, I will bring that to the attention of the team as I know like everyone else they to work on being attentive and friendly to all requests. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to you visiting us again! PS I agree the harbour views are great view of a working harbour!
Cleveland, Ohio

reasonable parking rate

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Port Blandford, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed for three nights while at a conference in the hotel, and to be honest, I could not of asked for any better. The food was great, the conference area was great, but nothing beat the view! I stayed in a corner room where two walls were glass, and there was nothing nicer than waking up in a king size bed in the early morning and looking down at Signal Hill. The prices in the restaurant was a bit high, but the quality of the food was worth it. I will be bringing my family there the next time I visit the city.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DeltaHotelSTJ, Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thanks for your comments and we do try hard to make everystay a good stay! We do believe our city has alot to offer and what could be a better back drop than a view of the Harbour with Signal Hill in the back ground.
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Staying at the Delta St. John's for 4 nights and all is ok except for one issue with my breakfast. The server seemed to be less than in to his job. He took my order it was a short time later when he returned with my meal and my bill in his hand. He left both and I never saw him again. My breakfast was 20+ dollars and I am in the hospitality industry and found it to be a little bit of a lack of interest in the customer. He never even offered jam for my toast. I hope they work harder especially since I was at an Hospitality confrence and everything else was really good. I think this server must have been having a bad day.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I stayed at this hotel the first week of February, 2011. Nice rooms with free wireless access. Hotel has a bar and restaurant both of which I used. Also has a "signature" floor for those with premium status in their loyalty program. Also has pool and workout room. Staff is friendly and helpful. Within walking distance to all the downtown shops, bars, and businesses. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business