Leaside Suites and Executive Apartments
JAG(St. John's)
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Blue on Water(St. John's)
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
The Guv'nor Inn(St. John's)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Excellent 5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthe parkerbakeapple suiteown private entranceb bromantic eveningbreakfast deliveredbeautiful roomnext morningeggs benedictjelly beanswalk downtownsignal hilldowntown stmanorjacuzzinewfoundlandfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our jellybean suite was just breath taking me and my husband loved it here its a night and a memory we will never forget that is forsure .I would recommend leaside manor to anyone that wants excellent services and a great meals, friendly staff We love the atmosphere there, it is just so relaxing and cozy and of course VERY clean! We will be back there again ....Thank You For Making Us Feel So Welcoming !!!!! Mr& Mrs Smith. Sept15th 2013

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in the Jelly Bean Row Suite to celebrate our 2nd anniversary this past Saturday night! We stayed in Confederation Suite a couple of years back and both experiences were without a doubt the best. We love the atmosphere there, it is just so relaxing and cozy and of course VERY clean! The staff is very friendly there and the in room breakfast is awesome, you definitely won't go away hungry! I highly recommend Leaside and we definitely will be returning!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed there for two nights in August. Enjoyed it thoroughly. The room was spacious and brightly coloured; and very clean. There was also a sitting / patio area outside our door (had our own private entrance from the outside). There is a comfortable common area to sit and read, or use the internet. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. We checked in late on Monday night, and a staff member prepared a cup tea and tea biscuits for us. Breakfast was superb. Conveniently located near the downtown area and within walking distance of many attractions.
The only downside was I thought it was a bit pricey..but, then I knew the price when I booked, so can't really complain. In spite of that, I would go there again...

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We wanted to stay only at local suites and B&B, not chain hotels, during our stay in Newfoundland, and chose the Leaside Manor for our first couple of nights in St. John's after reading all the positive reviews.

We chose the Confederation Suite/Room...the decor appeared to match my husband's tastes and I gave him the choice of this one or the Port Royal (on the main floor). The Confederation is the smallest "suite" out of the 3 on the top floor of the main house (there is another room without a bathroom on the same floor), it was still a nice size, though. We arrived very late as our flight arrived in St. John's at 12:30 AM so we arranged to have everything at the door for us . Our information package for instructions on getting in the building and settling in were all ready for us when we got to the front entrance. There was lots of construction around the property so getting around and into the parking lot was a little frustrating, but that is no fault of the Manor.

It was quite difficult to haul our massive suit cases up the narrow staircase quietly (to not disturb any of the sleeping guests) to the second floor, but it is a heritage building and I should have probably chosen another suite with a private entrance or something else on the first floor.

Our suite was nicely decorated. You can see inside the shower from the rest of the suite (it is separated by a tinted pane of glass) so that was slightly off-putting, but not a big deal. Only the washroom/toilet itself has a door, everything else is out in the open. The window coverings were not quite enough...they were medium yellow in color so as soon as sunlight poured in, I could no longer sleep.

We had a restful sleep both nights, and was only woken up in the morning by guests walking downstairs if they were not considerate and talking loudly. I fully expected to hear everyone walking around all night long (previous bad experiences with loud neighbours at hotels). We appreciated the option to have breakfast brought to our room, especially after arriving late from our flight and going to bed late at night. The lady in the kitchen almost sounded annoyed we were calling at 9:00 AM (although it said in the note to call by 9:15 AM for room service), but I understood it was probably because they were really busy. The breakfast consisted of a Western omelet, fresh fruit, muffin, coffee and juice...just the right start to our hike of the East Coast trail.

Office staff was friendly, I corresponded with both Colin and Meghan via email and they were both very courteous and patient. Cleaning staff did a good job tidying our room, and even ran after us when we left toiletries after checking out. The day of our check out, we decided to skip breakfast as we wanted to sleep in a little later. We appreciate the kitchen staff calling us to ensure we weren't going to go downstairs for breakfast rather than just closing down for the day (in case we were running behind or slept in)

Overall, I enjoyed our stay at Leaside Manor. Next time I will probably choose another suite, probably one with a private entrance.

1  Thank KTYYC
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a night here purchased for us as a wedding gift and it was superb. We had a fabulous time in the Trinity Suite. Relaxing in the Jacuzzi after a long wedding day was amazing! Extremely comfortable bed and spotless throughout the room. Having breakfast delivered to our door the next morning was fabulous and delicious! Only wish we could have stayed for longer! Absolutely gorgeous place!