I share the same regrets about this hotel as many of the other reviewers.
The hotel seems dated starting with the lobby and going to the rooms. There, the sink is in a different room from the bathtub and toilet! Also, the curtains are not in great shape and let in a decent amount of light. That heating/cooling system is one of the worst I've seen in a hotel, and cannot maintain the temperature within 5°F of what you sent. You're either too cold or too hot at many points during the night! As if this isn't bad enough, the heating unit produces a dripping noise about 80% of the time that it is operating-sounds like water dripping on the plank of wood! Extremely annoying and reduced my sleep severely because of this.
Other gripes include the inability to change the input on the television, therefore not being able to hook up your laptop to it. Also, the cleanliness of the room isn't that of other "higher" hotel brands. Finally, the location of this hotel is about as useful as the heating system! Absolutely in the middle of nowhere!
I would be hard-pressed to recommend this to a friend traveling to the East Coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer Pool & Water Slides Hours: Water Slides: Monday-Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday/Sunday 9am-9pm Pool: Daily 9am-9pm The Hotel is located just minutes from St. John’s International Airport (YYT) and local Government Offices including the Confederation Building. If you plan on heading into the heart of St. John’s, we are just a short drive to Downtown St. John’s. On site amenities including two 165 Ft waterslides, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, on-site guest laundry facilities, complimentary parking and high-speed internet access. Thinking of dining options? Stop into East Side Mario’s, our on-site restaurant. As always with the Holiday Inn brand, Kids Under 12 Eat Free (ask hotel for details). Travelling with your trusty companion? Our hotel is pet-friendly so you can bring the entire family along. The Holiday Inn St. John’s is situated near Janeway’s Children’s Hospital and the Health Sciences Centre. If you are in the area to visit the Marine Institute, we are conveniently located 5 minutes away. Other local places of interest include, Memorial University, Pippy Park and Fluvarium. Whether you are travelling on business or leisure, the Holiday Inn St. John’s Conference Centre is the perfect place to stay while you visit the St. John’s area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Johns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St. Johns Hotel St. John`s
- Holiday Inn St. John's
- St. John's Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St. Johns Newfoundland, Canada