Stayed here last week of Sept 2012, decent older property. Rooms are somewhat updated with older bathroom fixtures but well kept. It's a little out of the downtown core so if you're in town for meetings you'll be in a cab, other than that it's a short ride from the airport.
Cheaper than the downtown hotels, but with no parking issues. Great meeting facilities with a very accomodating event staff, they couldn't do enough for us. Terrific catering services also.
Would recommend for events as reasonable and convenient for your attendees.
The hotel restaurant is East Side Mario's which was good, not sure how or if they provide breakfast, we didn't make use of other than lunch or dinner which were both great. I could see italian getting tired after a couple days, but that's simply my opinion.
Nice outdoor swimming pool which was closed up for the winter while there but you can tell it's well maintained by the surrounding area and cover.
Decent property overall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn St. John's Government Centre Hotel The Holiday Inn hotel in St. John's, Newfoundland, is proud to be a two-time winner of the Holiday Inn Quality Excellence Award. We offer friendly, professional service. Hotel is located just minutes from St. John's International Airport (YYT), downtown St. John's, provincial and federal government offices. Business travelers appreciate our central location. Our hotel is also in close proximity to education centres such as Memorial University of Newfoundland, Marine Institute and the College of the North Atlantic, as well as the Health Sciences Centre, Janeway Children's Hospital and the retail district of St. John's. Our hotel features a boardroom and 11 meeting rooms with A/V equipment and catering services to help your event run smoothly. We proudly offer a family-friendly atmosphere ideally located near beautiful Pippy Park, the Fluvarium, five golf courses, Aquarena and many more attractions in St. John's. Our hotel offers suites designed with families in mind, and kids under 12 eat free at Eastside Mario's, our on-site restaurant, when accompanied by an adult (max. 4 children/adult). With amenities like hotel-wide free high-speed internet access (wireless and hardwired), a fitness centre, a business centre, outdoor pool, rooms with balconies and drive-up entrances and much more, you'll want to make our St. John's hotel your home away from home in Newfoundland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Johns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St. Johns Hotel St. John`s
- Holiday Inn St. John's
- St. John's Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St. Johns Newfoundland, Canada