“Great room but long ways to get to it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada St. John's

Ramada St. John's
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
Fredericton, Canada
“Great room but long ways to get to it!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

You have to take a LONG trip to get to the elevator and it is a small and squeaky one that I was a bit worried something may go wrong each time I took it. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the spacious, modern and clean room. It also has a nice kitchen with a microwave and a full-sized fridge! Overall, we are very pleased with our stay there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaStJohns, General Manager at Ramada St. John's, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Ramada St. John's. All feedback is very valuable to us and we utilize responses such as this to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.
The location of the hotel elevator is unfortunately located in an area of the hotel that is not in the lobby area. I am pleased that you were very happy with your guestroom which is most important to any hotel stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Newfoundland
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times in recent years and have had overall positive experiences with the hotel itself and staff. During this particular stay I was upgraded to a king suite. This room was very well appointed and ++ spacious!! Cleaning staff do an amazing job and the service I received during check in and check out reminds me of the many reasons I most often choose this hotel when staying in St. John's. Also, I highly recommend the resturant, PJ Billington's....Excellent food, great prices and fantastic service!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Ramada St. John's, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review crystalnl. When possible we upgrade our guests and particularly our loyal guests and Wyndham Rewards Members. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay, it means a lot to our entire team at the Ramada St. John's. We look forward to welcoming you back again! Regards, Greg Fleming, General Manager
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,158 helpful votes
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night based on TA reviews.

The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport ($27). They have a shuttle but I didn't know about this. The next morning I needed to leave to the airport at 6:30 AM and asked the hotel to book me a taxi and wasn't offered the van--maybe it doesn't leave that early.

The hotel is off a highway and surrounded by some a few other chain stores and restaurants but otherwise not close to anything.

The front desk staff were very helpful in storing luggage and getting me checked in. However, the hotel is very old and I had to go through a labyrinth of old, dark and dirty carpeted narrow corridors and a very old and slow lift to get to my room (301). Fortunately, my room was clean and spacious and the carpeting newer. Free WIFI was fast, they have a reasonable selection of cable channels and a small but decently equipped exercise room. Note, however, that it is locked at night.

As you step into the restaurant/bar you come upon a row of slot machines--this is not fine dining. However, service is excellent and the selection reasonable. There are few vegetarian options, but the staff will work with you to come up with something you can eat.

I got a good night's sleep but thought the room rate ($187 on Expedia) was far too high for a hotel needing to be refreshed in its common areas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank poleinahole1
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have just returned from the Ramada St. John's, and I am please with my choice of lodging. It was as I expected from my research - including using TA reviews. It is a busy area, but I heard NO road noise at all from my room. I would not want to be there w/o a car - so if you plan to do all your sightseeing on foot or by taxi, don't stay here.

I did not use their restaurant, but the aromas were good as I passed by. There is close access to many chain restaurants and stores - but again, a car is pretty vital.

The room was very large, even with 2 queen beds. It was clean (I like the trend of encasing comforters with clean white sheets); TV station selection wasn't huge, but certainly adequate. At time of reservation I asked for a room on the top floor and away from the elevator (all to reduce noise impact), and that is what I got. The only noise issues I had was some loud door closings from nearby rooms late night or early morning - but that was inconsiderate people, and a common problem in hotels. The staff I encountered was always friendly.

So for what the Ramada is advertised as, and the hotel chain level expected - it was an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Always try to get a top floor room, away from elevator & vending. No hotels during their shor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Ramada St. John's, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review sfm132. We do our best to accommodate special requests and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It means a lot to our entire team who work very hard to meet and exceed the expectations of all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again! Regards, Greg Fleming, General Manager
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The staff at Ramada went over the top to help me stay in my room a few more days than reserved. The rooms were clean and well-appointed. Internet was free and reasonably quick. Plenty of parking, all easily accessible. The hotel is pretty far from the downtown area, but well positioned overall for those with a vehicle, which allows access to the newer conveniences and shopping away from the city center.

Room Tip: Book well in advance. Saint John's has a shortage of quality accommodation.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Ramada St. John's, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and recommend our hotel, it means a lot to our entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back again! Regards, Greg Fleming, General Manager
Almonte, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel is clean and comfortable, the kitchen makes it great for extended stays. But if you want to just visit George Street and downtown, choose something closer to downtown like "The Battery".

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Appleton NL
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my parents and we enjoyed the hotel and location. The room was clean and the beds were comfy! All requests we had during our stay were met by the friendly staff! Jeff the front desk attendant,was really friendly and helpful, truly a great worker that really cares about the guests experience. Checkout was quick and efficent.We enjoyed our stay and would stay again, however I do not recommend PJ Billingtons the restaurant in the hotel whatsoever, friendly staff but not so good food.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
RamadaStJohns, General Manager at Ramada St. John's, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, your feedback is very much appreciated. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. If possible please contact me directly in regards to your concerns regarding our restaurant gfleming@ramadastjohns.com Regards, Greg Fleming, General Manager