“My new hotel choice for St. John's - Business & Leisure!”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
Newfoundland
“My new hotel choice for St. John's - Business & Leisure!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Just returned from a two night stay in one of the new king-jacuzzi suites! Excellent is the best word to use my entire hotel experience! Every single staff person I encountered was fantastic (friendly, knowledgeable, etc) to deal with! The room was very comfortable (very comfortable bed!), well equipped and exceptional detail seemed to have been paid to ensuring it was cleaned meticulously both prior to and during our stay! The value ($) is unbeatable! and I am looking forward to staying at this hotel when I return again for work and leisure!

Room Tip: King suite is well worth the small amount extra it costs!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank crystalnl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed July 24, 2011

If you are looking for comfort, you don't want to pay abusive prices and you don't mind driving this is your hotel as it is just 10 min. to St. John's.
We chose it because it had an acceptable price and it was close to the airport (the day after we were flying early).
The day before we had stayed in a B&B in St John's, we payed a lot more and had half the quality and comfort than in the Comfort Inn Airport.
Everything was clean. The room was big and the king size bed very comfortable. We could have something for breakfast early in the morning as they prepare it specially from 4 a.m to 8 a.m for those who have to take an early flight.

Comfortable bed, clean room, close to the airport (just 2 min.) and not very expensive if we compare it to the overpriced St. John's.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My partner and I booked a non smoking room at the Comfort Inn for a night as we were arriving at midnight, so thought it would be great as handy to the airport.
We were upset to find that they only served the included continental breakfast until 8am and that no they couldn't bring it to our room. It feels like a dupe to me, as they open their restaurant at 8 so no doubt they try to get people to buy breakfast. So of course, we got up just before 8am and what do you know but the rest of the hotel was there, trying to get a slice of toast. There was nowhere to sit, some people were on the floor in the foyer. It just seemed like the worst sort of planning. The place was a mess.
The other irks were that our room didn't have windows that opened for fresh air and the wifi did not work in our room. The staff weren't bothered or apologetic about this either.

On a positive note the room itself was great, nice big bed, clean and very comfy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Comfortinn1234, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
"seaswim" - Thank you for your comments but I would like to point out that you did not mention that the Free Continental Breakfast opens at 4 am. We are an airport hotel and being the most easterly point in North America many of our flights depart between 5am and 7am. Therefore the continental opens early to accommodate our many guests that wake at 4am to get catch these flights.. We also open Clancy's Restaurant at 7am not 8am and serve breakfast until noon and all day on the weekends.
Illinois
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Our flight into St. Johns arrived at 10:30 P.M. The Comfort Inn at the airport was exactly what we needed after a long day traveling. It was a couple of minutes from the airport. Our room was large and clean. The breakfast ends early, 8 A.M. on weekdays and 9 P.M. on weekends. It was a nice breakfast. I would recommend this hotel for its location and found it quite nice overall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London, On
Reviewed November 9, 2010

So close to the airport you could walk on a nice day rather than take the free shuttle!

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. Its SUPER close to the airport but you don't hear the planes coming in. The food served at the conference was pretty good. The front desk service was excellent. The public bathroom area was always clean. There is a free computer to use in the lobby with a printer and a tv screen with flight info updates. Free WIFI throughout. There is a free washer and dryer with soap available for use which was a bonus. They are renovating the hotel but I wasn't once bothered by any noise or construction.
One thing to beware is that its about a 15 minute, $20 cab ride into the downtown area, so not convenient for sightseeing.
The beds are very comfy and the room a good size, but there could be better lighting. I really liked that the toilet/shower was separated from the sink area!

One bummer is that the free continental breakfast FINISHES at 8am, which I think is too early!! But the restuarant has decent food.
In summary, I would definitely stay again for a hotel stay that was close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I recently attended a wedding at this hotel and decided to stay overnight for convenience.

I recommend this hotel if you have an early flight and need to be close to the airport, I don't recommend it for any other purpose. There are many nicer hotels in St. John's (I'm originally from St. John's and I am familiar with most of them.)

The hotel is currently under renovation and many areas really looked like they needed updating, including our room but it was clean. The bed was also very comfortable. The bathroom was small with a very odd layout. The room was fine for a short stay.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. There currently isn't an elevator and I'm not sure if the addition of one is part of the renovations. It would be inconvenient if you had heavy luggage. I did, however, notice a staff member helping an elderly couple carry their luggage up the stairs.

This hotel is in an industrial area that isn't very scenic but it is the closest hotel to the airport and it isn't very expensive.

This is far from the worst airport hotel I have stayed in. Hopefully the renovations will improve it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
vancouver
Reviewed October 2, 2010

The room was a little dark and depressing. It looked unclean because of the dark stained carpets. We were given a ground floor room which we regretted because of the frantic pacing of the individuals in the room above which lasted most of the night and well into the morning (4:30 am).

The front staff were excellent and we enjoyed the freshly baked cookies.

The restaurant was excellent and the waitress was very friendly.

This hotel is a good choice if you are leaving from the airport on a morning flight as there is constant shuttle service to and from the airport..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple