“Clean hotel, nice staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in St. John's
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is a clean hotel and the staff is nice. The hotel provides a decent hot breakfast for the guest. If you are on foot, your have very limited options for food. There are a few places about a miles or so walk, but with the ever change weather of St John's you could be caught out in the rain.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear JohnluvsAK:

Thank you for your comments and rating. We are delighted that you chose Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's as your get-away hotel and that we met your expectations. Our Complimentary Breakfast is definitely a hit with our valued guests. Thank you for mentioning it!

It was a pleasure to be of service to you and we hope you will provide the Fairfield Inn & Suites team of professionals another opportunity to ensure a memorable stay.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a week ago for 2 nights. This hotel is located near shopping malls as well as many restaurants, some restaurants within walking distance. o Eastview Mall which has many great stores is not a far drive on the hwy. The hotel itself was very clean in the common areas, as well our room was quite large and very clean. I do not impress easily but was very happy with our accommodations. The breakfast buffet had many items to choose from and was well stocked throughout the breakfast period. We had a room across from the elevator and expected to hear noise late at night when people returned to their rooms. We had a great sleep and heard nothing. The front desk staff were so accommodating and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Melanie858:

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and rating. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's and had a positive experience overall. Promising you a great room and surroundings that reflect the highest quality standards are what we have become known for within the city. We are delighted that you chose Fairfield as your destiantion hotel and home away from home.

Hope to see you again on your next travels to St.John's, Newfoundland.

General Manager.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you are looking for a unique inn experience this isn't for you. It's a typical hotel that is out of the heart of St. John's. You are near all the typical "city" things like a mall, car dealers, chain restaurants, etc. You are about a 15 minute drive from downtown St. John's. Nothing is in walking distance.

We stayed our last night so were only looking for a place to sleep before heading to the airport....it worked for us. Clean room and comfortable bed was what we needed and what we got.

1  Thank Kim N
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear dncrmorn:

At Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's, you can count on a friendly welcome, a clean and comfortable guest room, great features, amenities and service that will make you want to return. And we'll help you get started each day with a complimentary hot buffet breakfast!
While we may be a ten to fifteen minute drive from downtown, we are within major amenities to meet our guest requirements.
Thank you for your feedback and rating as it is appreciated and for also taking your valuable time to post through Trip Advisor.

If you visit the city again, I do hope you'll give us another opportunity to be of service. We are delighted you chose Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Before I could even check in I got an email saying their water slide was broke. Not cool, this is why I booked you. Got to our room and folded out the sofa bed and bed was not made, Weird... so I had to hunt up the sheets and blanket and I found them all over the room. Sheets in drawer and blanket in closet. Pulled out blanket to see it had milk or puke on it. YUCK... Called front desk to get new stuff. Then went to the bathroom and seen we had used soap in shower with hair on it and NO other soap or shampoo in bathroom. NOTHING... Then I checked the cups in bathroom. Lipstick smeared on glass. Totally GROSS. I went and complained in person at the front desk. They offered to move me rooms but I was settled already and she gave me a bag of soap and shampoo and 50% off my 1st stay but didn't offer anyone to clean up. NOT impressed. Then the next day we missed our breakfast at hotel because clerk who checked me in gave us the wrong time. Then when we finally got to use the pool area the pool water was yellow/green and full of chlorine. Don't think I will stay again for the price of $259 a night. I expect better for that kind of $$$

1  Thank Leah W
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Leah W:

I appreciate the feedback and understand your frustration. We certainly didn't meet your expectations, nor our own. We promise to always give you a room that's clean, fresh, and reflects the highest quality standards and give you the service that will make you want to return. I apologize on behalf of my team in not delivering on that promise.

I invite you to contact me directly at crussell@silverbirchhotels.com to discuss your recenty stay.

Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Hotel was very nice and breakfasts were good. Should have bar or restaurant on site. I I personally talked to person at front desk for 4:30 a. M. Wake up call for next morning. She checked file and said O.K..No wake up call was received and flight was missed. Totally unacceptable and beyond any more civilized comment

1  Thank Rob L
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Rob L.

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate the frustration shown as you should have received your wakeup call as requested. We did not meet your expectations, or our own- I sincerely apologize. I'd like to speak with you personally on this matter. If I could take a moment of your time, please contact me through email: crussell@silverbirchhotels.com

Once again, Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's apologizes for the disruption to your day and the frustration caused due to our error.

Warmest regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and had variety but had a little trouble getting a seat. Overall our experience was nice would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Heather S
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear Heather S:

Thank you for the great feedback and awesome rating! So glad you enjoyed your visit and everything was to your liking. Our complimentary breakfast offerings are quickly becoming the talk of the town and our guests are providing us with positive feedback.Because of its popularity, especially on weekends, the breakfast room does fill up quickly and we try to open another area around our meeting rooms. Apologies for the inconvenience if you weren't able to find a seat.

We sincerely thank you for the opportunity to be of service and that you chose Fairfield Inn & Suites as your getaway destination hotel.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were very impressed with this hotel! We ended up booking very late 4:30 after a horrible experience at another hotel. They were able to provide an accessible room to us in a snap!

The staff is fantastic and will go above and beyond to help in any way!

They are knowledgeable about the area, the best restaurants, what to see and where to shop!

The rooms are spotless, well designed and truly fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HappytravelerKimR
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear HappyTraveler KimR:

Providing our Valued Guests with top notch service is what Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's does best and what we've become known for within the city. We are so delighted that you selected our hotel as your home away from home and welcome you back soon. As well, we are pleased that you took the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor and provide us with a Super rating.

Safe travels and all the best,