“Not Clean - Not impressed”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
GreenLeadersSilver level
Peace River
“Not Clean - Not impressed”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Before I could even check in I got an email saying their water slide was broke. Not cool, this is why I booked you. Got to our room and folded out the sofa bed and bed was not made, Weird... so I had to hunt up the sheets and blanket and I found them all over the room. Sheets in drawer and blanket in closet. Pulled out blanket to see it had milk or puke on it. YUCK... Called front desk to get new stuff. Then went to the bathroom and seen we had used soap in shower with hair on it and NO other soap or shampoo in bathroom. NOTHING... Then I checked the cups in bathroom. Lipstick smeared on glass. Totally GROSS. I went and complained in person at the front desk. They offered to move me rooms but I was settled already and she gave me a bag of soap and shampoo and 50% off my 1st stay but didn't offer anyone to clean up. NOT impressed. Then the next day we missed our breakfast at hotel because clerk who checked me in gave us the wrong time. Then when we finally got to use the pool area the pool water was yellow/green and full of chlorine. Don't think I will stay again for the price of $259 a night. I expect better for that kind of $$$

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Leah W
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Leah W:

I appreciate the feedback and understand your frustration. We certainly didn't meet your expectations, nor our own. We promise to always give you a room that's clean, fresh, and reflects the highest quality standards and give you the service that will make you want to return. I apologize on behalf of my team in not delivering on that promise.

I invite you to contact me directly at crussell@silverbirchhotels.com to discuss your recenty stay.

Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brantford
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Hotel was very nice and breakfasts were good. Should have bar or restaurant on site. I I personally talked to person at front desk for 4:30 a. M. Wake up call for next morning. She checked file and said O.K..No wake up call was received and flight was missed. Totally unacceptable and beyond any more civilized comment

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rob L
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Rob L.

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate the frustration shown as you should have received your wakeup call as requested. We did not meet your expectations, or our own- I sincerely apologize. I'd like to speak with you personally on this matter. If I could take a moment of your time, please contact me through email: crussell@silverbirchhotels.com

Once again, Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's apologizes for the disruption to your day and the frustration caused due to our error.

General Manager.
Gander, Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and had variety but had a little trouble getting a seat. Overall our experience was nice would go back again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Heather S
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Heather S:

Thank you for the great feedback and awesome rating! So glad you enjoyed your visit and everything was to your liking. Our complimentary breakfast offerings are quickly becoming the talk of the town and our guests are providing us with positive feedback.Because of its popularity, especially on weekends, the breakfast room does fill up quickly and we try to open another area around our meeting rooms. Apologies for the inconvenience if you weren't able to find a seat.

We sincerely thank you for the opportunity to be of service and that you chose Fairfield Inn & Suites as your getaway destination hotel.

Gander, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were very impressed with this hotel! We ended up booking very late 4:30 after a horrible experience at another hotel. They were able to provide an accessible room to us in a snap!

The staff is fantastic and will go above and beyond to help in any way!

They are knowledgeable about the area, the best restaurants, what to see and where to shop!

The rooms are spotless, well designed and truly fantastic!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HappytravelerKimR
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear HappyTraveler KimR:

Providing our Valued Guests with top notch service is what Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's does best and what we've become known for within the city. We are so delighted that you selected our hotel as your home away from home and welcome you back soon. As well, we are pleased that you took the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor and provide us with a Super rating.

Safe travels and all the best,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This modern hotel is pleasant and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. Slept well in a good bed with good pillows. Breakfast was filling.

It's a $10-15 cab ride from downtown St. John's but because it's away from the harbour it was sunny at the hotel when foggy downtown. The trees on the slopes nearby were nice.

The choice of restaurants nearby is not great but there is a fish and chips place and comedy club nearby plus a hotel restaurant across the busy highway. Wireless worked well.

No complaints really

Room Tip: Like all hotels it's quieter the further up your room is but I think it's just generally a q...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brad58
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Brad58:

Our promise to you is to ensure everything is "just right!" Looks as though Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's met your expectations as well as our beautiful city and downtown area which is always worth the trip. Thank you very much for providing a rating through Trip Advisor as well as valuable feedback that I can share with my associates and leadership team.It was a pleasure to serve you and we welcome you back on your next trip.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Was a great experience. The staff were very friendly, the rooms very clean, and the pool is awesome ! Oh and the bed is super comfy which is definitely a bonus when staying away from your own ! Would definitely recommend this hotel !

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BevHfx
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear BevHfx:

Thank you for the great comments and awesome rating! We're so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's and that your recommending us to other valued travelers and future guests. Home isn't a place, it's a feeling and We always try our best to ensure all of our guests have that emotion and guest experience. It was our pleasure to be of service.

Yours in hospitality,

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in St. Johns Nl and our experience was outstanding. The service was exceptional and very friendly. Everything was perfect and the rooms were very clean and tidy. I would stay there again for sure

Room Tip: every room seems to be a good room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen H
Dear Steven H:

We are delighted that you took the time to offer feedback on your recent stay and give Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's top marks. Our promise to you, our valued guest, is to make you feel welcome, give you a room that's clean, fresh and reflects the highest quality standards, respond promptly to any need you might have and give you the service that will make you want to return. Looks like we've accomplished our goal in your review!

It was a pleasure to have you as our Guest; thank you for your patronage.