“Clean and comfortable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gander, Newfoundland, Canada
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and had variety but had a little trouble getting a seat. Overall our experience was nice would go back again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Heather S
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Heather S:

Thank you for the great feedback and awesome rating! So glad you enjoyed your visit and everything was to your liking. Our complimentary breakfast offerings are quickly becoming the talk of the town and our guests are providing us with positive feedback.Because of its popularity, especially on weekends, the breakfast room does fill up quickly and we try to open another area around our meeting rooms. Apologies for the inconvenience if you weren't able to find a seat.

We sincerely thank you for the opportunity to be of service and that you chose Fairfield Inn & Suites as your getaway destination hotel.

Cyril Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Gander, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were very impressed with this hotel! We ended up booking very late 4:30 after a horrible experience at another hotel. They were able to provide an accessible room to us in a snap!

The staff is fantastic and will go above and beyond to help in any way!

They are knowledgeable about the area, the best restaurants, what to see and where to shop!

The rooms are spotless, well designed and truly fantastic!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HappytravelerKimR
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear HappyTraveler KimR:

Providing our Valued Guests with top notch service is what Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's does best and what we've become known for within the city. We are so delighted that you selected our hotel as your home away from home and welcome you back soon. As well, we are pleased that you took the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor and provide us with a Super rating.

Safe travels and all the best,

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This modern hotel is pleasant and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. Slept well in a good bed with good pillows. Breakfast was filling.

It's a $10-15 cab ride from downtown St. John's but because it's away from the harbour it was sunny at the hotel when foggy downtown. The trees on the slopes nearby were nice.

The choice of restaurants nearby is not great but there is a fish and chips place and comedy club nearby plus a hotel restaurant across the busy highway. Wireless worked well.

No complaints really

Room Tip: Like all hotels it's quieter the further up your room is but I think it's just generally a q...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brad58
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Brad58:

Our promise to you is to ensure everything is "just right!" Looks as though Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's met your expectations as well as our beautiful city and downtown area which is always worth the trip. Thank you very much for providing a rating through Trip Advisor as well as valuable feedback that I can share with my associates and leadership team.It was a pleasure to serve you and we welcome you back on your next trip.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Was a great experience. The staff were very friendly, the rooms very clean, and the pool is awesome ! Oh and the bed is super comfy which is definitely a bonus when staying away from your own ! Would definitely recommend this hotel !

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BevHfx
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear BevHfx:

Thank you for the great comments and awesome rating! We're so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's and that your recommending us to other valued travelers and future guests. Home isn't a place, it's a feeling and We always try our best to ensure all of our guests have that emotion and guest experience. It was our pleasure to be of service.

Yours in hospitality,

St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in St. Johns Nl and our experience was outstanding. The service was exceptional and very friendly. Everything was perfect and the rooms were very clean and tidy. I would stay there again for sure

Room Tip: every room seems to be a good room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen H
Dear Steven H:

We are delighted that you took the time to offer feedback on your recent stay and give Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's top marks. Our promise to you, our valued guest, is to make you feel welcome, give you a room that's clean, fresh and reflects the highest quality standards, respond promptly to any need you might have and give you the service that will make you want to return. Looks like we've accomplished our goal in your review!

It was a pleasure to have you as our Guest; thank you for your patronage.

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Despite there being a lot of families staying at the time we were, there was little to no noise outside in the halls. The beds were comfortable, the suite we had came with 2 queen beds and a sitting area with sofabed. The room had a safe, microwave & mini-fridge. Staff were attentive when we asked for additional linen and we more than happy to hold our luggage as our flight wasn't until later & we wanted to do some activities without worrying about our luggage.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear 3Marketeers:

Thank you for taking the time to rate Fairfield Inn & Suites St.John's and provide us with great feedback through Trip Advisor.
Offering top notch service and comfortable surroundings is what we are known for throughout the community.
We are delighted that you selected Fairfield as your destination hotel and home away from home while visiting St.John's.

Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you again, whether it be business or just to get away!

Yours in hospitality,

General Manager.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

After traveling all day on an international flight and then experiencing a major flight delay in Toronto I was extremely tired when I got to the Fairfield Inn at 6am for my one night stay.

Checkin: The Front Desk Receptionist Christine was very professional and made the checkin process very smooth. I was happy to see such professional courteousness and empathy for a tired and weary traveler. She even went beyond the call of duty to suggest that I eat some of the complimentary hot breakfast before going to sleep. I am glad I did as I knew I had to sleep late that morning.

Breakfast: The breakfast though great and with various choices was not my type of breakfast but that was because I have a specific taste in what I eat for breakfast plus I was extremely tired. At the same time I am very happy I ate that breakfast because it was all I had until I went to a nearby restaurant upon checkout.

Room: The room was super clean and the comfortable bed was awesome!!

Checkout: I awoke after the checkout time of 11am and called to apologize to the manager on duty - Muntaser for not being able to checkout at the correct time. He also extended professional courtesy and empathy for my situation by giving me a 2 hr extension at no added cost.

Departing: Upon my departure from the Fairfield Inn I received some great tips from Muntaser as to some restaurants that were close. It was raining so he called for a Taxi for me and off I went to enjoy a beautiful meal at a nearby restaurant.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the St. John’s area as a very good place to stay because of the hotel and the very professional staff.

I will stay at the Fairfield Inn again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank OlympianChoc
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear OlympianChoc:

I am delighted that you experienced a "moment to remember" during your recent stay. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St.John's our first priority is the comfort and care of our valued guests and to always make you feel welcome. Confident Service and ensuring everything is just right is what sets us apart from other hotels in the area. It was a pleasure to be of service and thank you for the recommendation!

We hope to see you again in the near future.