Myself and my wife had the misfortune of staying at this hotel on November 2nd, 2013. We decided to try this hotel, rather than we normally stay as it was a new hotel.
Part 1 - We were first given Room #501. As I was walking down the hallway the closer I got to the room I could hear a noise possibly from the ventilation system. When we opened the door to the room I could hear it even louder from the ventilation in the bathroom. It was marginally better when you closed the bathroom door. We returned to the front desk where we were given another Room #511 on the same floor. Upon entering this room the same ventilation noise was probably half as much as our previous room. Certainly not ideal when you are looking for a quiet relaxing atmosphere. We decided to stay and try it out anyway.
Part 2 - At about 3:30AM we awoke to the sound of kids "horsing" around in the hallway. There were 8-10 young teens in the immediate area of our door. My wife promptly called the front desk. When we opened our door to see what was going on they all scattered. Apparently there were a large number of youths staying at the hotel for sports tournament. Where were the parents or chaperones while this was going on I have no idea? However they had to be staying at the hotel as you cannot even access the elevator after hours without your room key card. At around 7:00AM it sounded like they were all out in the hallway again.
Part 3 - After our "premature" wake up call we got ready for the day and went to the front desk to speak with the staff as we were booked to stay two more nights. My wife spoke with the supervisor on duty and explained the issues we had the previous night. She promptly gave us the standard company policy line of everything they do to satisfy their customers. I also spoke with another lady who was working at the counter regarding the noise coming back through the ventilation system on the 5th floor. I knew there was no possible way that there had not been complaints about it before. She confirmed to me that she had heard complaints from the other end of the 5th floor usually when the wind is blowing. The only thing was while we stayed there there was no wind? There was no offer to us by the supervisor to resolve our complaints.
We promptly went across the street and booked in to our usual hotel. When we returned to check out of the Fairfield Inn. My wife again had another discussion with the supervisor, at this time she charged us a reduced price for the room. If she had done this the first time and/or apologized we might not have left, go figure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, gives you confidence that your business or leisure trip will be a success because we consistently deliver a hotel experience that's just right. Ideally located between the St. John's Airport and the downtown core, close to business parks, the University, and the province's largest shopping mall, we provide you with just what you need, so travel is easy and productive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott and Travelocity so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travellers Inn St. John`s Hotel St. John`s
- Travellers Hotel St Johns
- Travellers St Johns
- Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland Canada