Our family of four stayed for two nights in August 2013.
The hotel is beautiful and new, our beds were soft, and the rooms were very quiet with large windows. The hotel is situated perpendicular to the road, so even at busy times, the road noise is minimal. It's also located very close to every chain store and restaurant you can think of as well as the Avalon Mall. The bathroom was large and clean, and there was a microwave and tiny fridge in the room.
On the down side, because the hotel is so great, it was booked solid for both nights we were there. (good for management, poor for guests!)
This meant that at no time was the pool empty enough for us to feel comfortable using it, and it's a small pool. Very small. There's also a water slide, but it was out of service the first day, and because of the crowd we didn't use it the second day either.
Same problem with the breakfast. It's a beautiful set-up with hot food choices, cereals, etc., all that you could ask for, and delicious, but when the hotel is full, three hours just isn't long enough. Both mornings we were so stressed out just trying to make some toast and get a glass of juice that we really couldn't enjoy it. We tried different times the second day, but didn't catch a break. One suggestion would be to double the service area and open it at both ends of the breakfast room on busy mornings such as those. Then during quieter times, the one service area would suffice. Too bad, as the food was good quality and plentiful.
The staff was very friendly (though run off their feet!), and the service was quick.
If I were to return to St. John's, I would try a lower rated hotel, something closer to downtown.
Very nice, but for us, it was not worth the extra cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, gives you confidence that your business or leisure trip will be a success because we consistently deliver a hotel experience that's just right. Ideally located between the St. John's Airport and the downtown core, close to business parks, the University, and the province's largest shopping mall, we provide you with just what you need, so travel is easy and productive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travellers Inn St. John`s Hotel St. John`s
- Travellers Hotel St Johns
- Travellers St Johns
- Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland Canada