“nice breakfasts and great coffee”
Review of Coffee Matters

Coffee Matters
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in St. John's
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: We are an Italian-inspired coffee house, offering our own line of high-end desserts, fresh home-made soups, and fresh non-deli sandwiches. We serve fair trade and organic coffee from freshly roasted beans, right here in Newfoundland. We source the highest quality beans. We offer 4 blends of coffee at all times. The quality of our product and presentation are crucial to the experience of each customer. We offer a breakfast menu and we serve only Fair-Trade certified organic coffee.We accept Visa, MasterCard and Debit.We are open 7 days a week: Monday to friday 7 am - 10 pm, Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 10
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Had a breakfast wrap with a dark roasted coffee. Very good and good service.The restaurant offered free Wi-Fi so sometimes I feel people abused this and tended to sit at a table for too long a period of time. It is a coffee shop, not a library.

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I was there earlier today, at 11:02 to be exact( ...), for a breakfast sandwich and was told flatly that breakfast "finished 2 minutes ago". Seriously?
I work in customer service and this isn't good service.
The coffee was average, chain quality.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Coffee Matters was right by our B&B and was so convenient for a start of the day coffee and treat or an end of day tea and treat. The staff were always so friendly and welcoming. The baking was fresh and delicious. Table outside let you enjoy your treat while watching the world go by. I always look for a little place like this while travelling as a "safe haven" for those relaxing moments you need.

shillyer, Manager at Coffee Matters, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2015

I agree whether you are looking for a quick pick me up or a quiet evening COFFEE. we have you covered. Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Pleasant environment, helpful staff, great range of menu items and bakery goods, very good coffee, free WiFi a bonus.

shillyer, Owner at Coffee Matters, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2015

Thank you for your kind comments. Glad to see that you liked our cafe. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This place felt like a chain unfortunately. The service was cold and everyone who worked there seemed like they hated their jobs.

The decor and interior was really unique and beautiful.

The drip coffee was excellent and the sizes were very generous. We went back the next day for a big coffee before our flight home.

My husband and I also ordered 2 sandwiches - the Mediterranean vegetarian, and a summer special, which was a spinach and carmelized onion on multigrain cranberry bread. The sandwiches seemed a bit pricy, but they were delicious and full of vegetables. I would definitely order them again!

shillyer, Owner at Coffee Matters, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our cafe. I am disappointed that you felt your service was cold and that my staff didnt like there job. My staff on that particular day were overwhelmed bunt be heat. We are trying to find a dour ion to have our building air conditioned so that our staff will have a more comfortable atmosphere to work in. I feel that is why they were not themselves. Again thank you for bringing that to my attention.