“Good sandwiches reasonable prices”
Review of Coffee Matters

Coffee Matters
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in St. John's
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: We are an Italian-inspired coffee house, offering our own line of high-end desserts, fresh home-made soups, and fresh non-deli sandwiches. We serve fair trade and organic coffee from freshly roasted beans, right here in Newfoundland. We source the highest quality beans. We offer 4 blends of coffee at all times. The quality of our product and presentation are crucial to the experience of each customer. We offer a breakfast menu and we serve only Fair-Trade certified organic coffee.We accept Visa, MasterCard and Debit.We are open 7 days a week: Monday to friday 7 am - 10 pm, Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 10
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Get here early, no food after 8. Sandwiches Good but skimpy. Great looking pastries. Good soup. Gets crowded and noisy later. No beer or wine. Limited menu.

shillyer, Owner at Coffee Matters, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad you liked what you had at our shops but I would like to comment on the fact that you feel our sandwiches are not good value. We only use fresh non deli meats that are preservative free and all natural. We could use a lower quality meat and charge less but that is not what we are about. Probably we could promote that fact a little more. Again thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Went here with a friend to catch up in March. It's counter service, which makes sense for the place. The food was good, we shared two sandwiches (turkey and pesto chicken I believe!) and had a latte and a cappuccino. We weren't rushed and were able to catch up and talk. I would go back again!

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience. We appreciate all comments and suggestions. We are glad that you liked our coffee. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I used to go to Coffee Matters fairly regularly, especially if I had guests visiting town. Two weeks ago, I went over around 12:30 to have some lunch and do some work on my laptop. By 1:00, before I was done my latte, I was asked to leave to make room for other customers. I will never go back!!!!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I visit your Paradise location on a regular basis, sometimes 2x a day! I thoroughly love your espresso/americanos but I never feel like there's a welcoming atmosphere, it's like the staff are afraid to talk or be friendly, until Saturday when I made my regular visit and this sweet lady, never got her name, approached me and chatted the ear right off me! We laughed and even exchanged a few recipes! She was lovely and personable, it's what your store needs! More people like her!
Whomever she is, she's a keeper! I'm looking forward to seeing her on my daily drop in and she makes a fine Americano too! Being personable is everything maybe the rest will catch on to her personality and feel her vibes!! Kudos to her !

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about our most recent change in Management. Toni our new store manager is a great addition to our team. She is very friendly and bring out the best in our employees. We are very glad to see that our customers notice the change as well. Again thank you for your review

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited Coffee Matters back in 2008 when it was in its old location. When we went in 2009 they weren't there anymore and didn't know where they had moved to which made us sad because the only thing I wanted was the Banana Silk hot chocolate. I had it in 2008 and I swear it was the BEST hot chocolate I have ever had in my life! It's the only thing I remember having and I would go back just for that. The next time Im in St. John's, Coffee Matters will definitely be on my must visit list!