“incredible!”
Review of Bad Bones Ramen

Bad Bones Ramen
Ranked #64 of 460 Restaurants in St. John's
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Got take out the other day - I had the pork tonkatsu, my daughter had the spicy chicken miso - and it was absolutely amazing. I think I could live on that broth, and my daughter was blown away by her udon bowl. A side of chicken gyoza was equally amazing. The staff were super nice. A lucky break for a place like this to open in St. John’s.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

I decided to stop in and try out bad bones ramen. I've heard nothing but good things about this place and it did not disappoint. My friend and I were able to walk in off the street and were served right away. I ordered the pork loin shoyu ramen and chicken gyoza dumplings. The staff were friendly and helpful in explaining the menu. Despite limited seating, we quickly found a space near the window. Our ramen arrived, artfully presented, and steaming hot. The portion size was great and certainly makes a good meal. The broth was delicious, rich and complex. The dumplings were also fantastic with a punchy dipping sauce. This is quality food for a great price. I'll definitely be back for more!

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

After days of large dinners on Water Street, my colleague and I were in need of a comfort food meal. I was surprised to locate a ramen shop in the heart of St. John’s and we both decided to give it a try after seeing the positive reviews.

Before the shop opens at 6pm, this place is hard to find as there isn’t any clear signage. When it opens, they put a sign on the sidewalk.

We ordered the chicken gyoza and the pork belly ramen. I don’t think I ever had such well made chicken dumplings ever. The wrap was thin and the meat was still juicy. As for the ramen, I love the toppings and the noodles. Egg was perfect. The broth is a little blander than what I am accustomed to (I love my tonkatsu) and is missing some depth of flavor even when compared to a shio or miso flavor but that being said, it could be a regional preference.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Excellent food, really friendly staff. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who loves Ramen. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 5, 2018

Have been meaning to try Bad Bones Ramen since it opened. Finally made my way home on a cold weekday night. With a very hungry belly, I ordered the dirty shrimp and was very curious if it would fill me up. It is "just" soup after all. This was the most delicious bowl of goodness i have ever experienced, and wasn't even able to finish the generous portion.

Don't be turned away by the lines, it seems as though your only standing long enough for your food to be prepared and then a seat seems to open up.

This is a must try!