“Great food downtown St. John's”
Review of Merlo's Press & Bean Resturant - CLOSED

Merlo's Press & Bean Resturant
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We visit this restaurant on many occasions whether its a special occasion or just an evening out.

The rack of lamb is my all time favourite.
Great steaks, pasta dishes, duck breast,..etc
Parking can sometimes be a hassle.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been to the press and bean restaurant a number of times and the food is very good. There is a nice lunch menu and it is reasonably priced. I prefer the downtown location to the Torbay Road location as the atmosphere is better. The staff were very accomodating.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

New location on Water Street is modern with a nice atmosphere. Food is excellent especially the Cod au gratin which is by far the best I have had at any restaurant. When I come to Newfoundland, it is always a stop for me. There is plenty on the menu to choose from especially seafood! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Ijustluv2travel
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Chipoltie hamburger is very poor. Cold and meat did not taste good, frozen patties from grocery store. The girls with me had the stir fry and said if was very good, however I prayed $100.00 for two stir fries and a plate of chips This is the second time I went there and the food was cold and tasteless.
I will not return.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have only been to this resturant once and it will definitly not happen a second time. They are not child friendly and are not welcoming of children at all. We told them when making a reservation that we would require a high chair for my little girl, I was told this would not be a problem however was a big problem when I arrived. The staff could not get our orders right, and were not even concerned or even offered to replace it for the order, as well as the food being cold. The server asked prior to me paying the bill if I would be leaving him a tip. I did try and reach the owner to tell him about my experience however he wasn't able to call me back, which I thought was a little unprofessional. I feel that our beautiful city has many other resturants that are much more welcoming, with better service and food to offer!!!