“Average at best”
Review of Newfound Sushi

Newfound Sushi
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Corner Brook
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Newfound Sushi is a full service restaurant specializing in Japanese Fusion. Newfound Sushi Izakaya is the new addition to the restaurant. Izakaya opens at 4pm and serves food until 9pm Tuesday to Thursday. Friday and Saturday food is served until 11pm. We offer nine beers on tap, from local to international. Many of our menu items are tapas style food with shared plates in mind. We have the largest selection of fresh seafood on the West Coast of Newfoundland. Kampai
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've visited this establishment three times and find it very average.

The actual restaurant is tiny and you have to wait for ages to get served.During my last visit,we were a party of three and had to wait 50 minutes upon ordering to get our orders.There weren't many other diners inside either.

One person in my party had a teriyaki stir fry that was more like teriyaki soup.It was literally swimming in a bottled teriyaki sauce with a few microscopic pieces of chicken and wasn't good at all.

My dish was average and a tad expensive.The shrimp bento box thing came with two tiny shrimp.My friend even remarked that there should have been at least 4 shrimp or more.

The waitress was a bit rushed and I'd give the service a solid average.

70$ bill for all three of us and we only had water to drink and were hungry an hour later.

Newfound sushi will do well as Corner Brook is artsy fartsy granola central with hordes of students abound.

Very average in my opinion.

2  Thank Mike S

Reviewed September 14, 2013

we were on our way south to Port aux basque to catch the ferry and stayed over one night in Corner Brook. The #1 rated restaurant was Newfound Sushi, so we gave it a try. Somewhat small, but not crowded. Very friendly waitress, and that's saying alot since most folks in the maritimes are quite open and friendly. And the food was fresh, fresh, fresh. I had wished our salmon portion had been a teeny bit larger, but otherwise zero complaints! I don't eat sushi, but i highly recommend it for other menu items.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The sushi I had (Green Dragon Roll) may be the best food I've eaten in my life. I was blown away by the presentation and taste. The waitress we had was very friendly - and was always topping up our water and chatting; it was nice. The restaurant itself is a little small, but the newly added patio really helps ease the congestion. As a student I find it a bit pricey, but I don't mind paying a bit extra because the food is so good. I suggest maybe some student specials since Corner Brook is somewhat a University city. If money was not a factor I would visit much more frequently.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

was going through Cornerbrook and stumbled into Newfound Sushi. Looked it up on this site and found it had the #1 rating for the area - for a reason! Fish was fresh and presentation was pretty and palatable. The service was wonderful - our waitress not only looked after us, and our "little lady" (border collie) outside. We ordered the Dory and was good.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Newfound Sushi is a rare gem in Corner Brook. I am going to university in St. John's and I travel quite a bit - I have yet to find sushi as good as Newfound.

The lobster roll is seasonal, but if you happen to pop in during the right time - order it. Any of the spicy sushi rolls will not disappoint you. The Eel roll is also really good and I enjoyed trying it.

I also like that I can come here with friends that do not like sushi. They offer great veggie rolls and the spicy chicken roll (cooked chicken in the middle, no raw fish!) is excellent, I always order it while I am visiting - I cannot find another sushi place that serves it. They also offer garden salad, edamame beans, and tasty stirfry for the non-sushi lover.

The place is not big, but they just added outdoor seating so that helped them gain a little more room. Hopefully they will be able to expand their location a little as time goes on. Sometimes the service can be touch-n-go. It really all depends on the server you get. Kevin is a great guy though, and if he is there you will get top notch service!

Overall, I cannot recommend Newfound Sushi enough!! Love it!

1  Thank Jessica S